Tuesday, December 18, 2007

FS45: A little late

I meant to post this card last night but was side-tracked. What could possibly keep me from posting a card with a couple of cute pink birdies on it? Wait for it... wait... the new Stampin' Up! catalog!!! I'm sorry but I just couldn't tear myself away from the catalog long enough to even take a picture of this card. However, now that I have made a couple of wish lists I think I can take the few minutes to share my latest card with you. I even pulled out the stops and used a couple of tricks while creating this card. I'll try to give detailed explanations, but leave a comment if you need more clarification.

First off I just want to say that the layout for this card was heavily influenced by the latest Featured Stamper on Splitcoaststampers.com: lzappa. You can see the challenge thread here and the card I cased here. It was difficult to pick just one card to case but I managed! :)

Main image: is composed of the same bird stamped twice on a sheet of acetate (aka transparency sheet). Stamp the bird once with Black StazOn and allow to dry. Flip the acetate over and stamp the bird a second time on the backside. I used a stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement. To color the birds, I used a marker on the acetate and while wet layered on Whisper White cardstock and rubbed the image to transfer the ink from the acetate to the paper. I then removed the acetate and filled in the smudge with the marker to get an even coloring. For the shadow around the birds feet I used a piece of vellum cardstock with a small oval cutout as a guide while sponging River Rock classic ink. To attach the acetate image to the card I used Pretty in Pink Brads (only the Whisper White layer had it's corners ticked with the Ticket Corner punch).

Sentiment: the saying was stamped on River Rock with Black StazOn and then punched out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. It was layered on a 1 3/8" circle of Purely Pomegranate after which the slot punch was used to create an opening through which the ribbon could be added. Instead of knotting the ribbon I used linen thread to hold it in place.

Little flowers: where punched out with the Three For You punch and each petal and flower center was pierced with the paper piercer. For each flower a piece of linen thread was knotted and threaded through the center to add even more detail.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me. Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava, Whisper White, River Rock, Ginger Blossum Designer. Ink: River Rock Classic, Groovy Guava Classic, Black StazOn, Regal Rose Marker. Other: Three For You punch, Ticket Corner punch, Slot punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, small oval punch, Soft Subtles brads, River Rock and Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon, linen thread, sponge, paper piercer, acetate.

5 comments:

  1. Really really cute card! Now I think I have to get that set, I keep seeing such great things with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! I can't wait to get my set out now and try the 2 birdies on the acetate like you did! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute card! that paper is to die for...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran across your blog by pure chance and I LOVE your work. This card is too cute! I'll have to check back for more inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow - i love all of the details that you put into the card and the color scheme you chose too. what a creative way to embellish the tag with the 2 pieces of ribbon! tfs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)