Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Little Birdie...

Something you might not know about me: I don't usually design cards with a purpose or person in mind (unless I am making samples for a class). Which is probably why I have a huge (I mean really really humongous) pile of cards that I am currently hoarding... uhhh... saving for the right occasion. However I not only sat down and made a card with my new preview stamps but I planned who I was making this card for. So I'm actually going to mail this card to someone... soon... if I don't forget! :)

But enough about me and my not-so-secret stash of cards. I used the new A Little Birdie Told Me set for the main image and sentiment. I stamped the big bird in Black StazOn on Whisper White and watercolored with the crayons and a blender pen. Of course the birdie was looking a little naked so I had to add a bit of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. The bird was layered on River Rock and Always Artichoke card stock.

I then layered a piece of Le Jardin Designer paper on River Rock cardstock and added a contrasting strip of designer paper from the same set. A piece of Kraft Taffeta ribbon was knotted around this layer. A sentiment from the A Little Birdie Told Me set (so need an acronym for this set) was stamped on River Rock and then punched out with the Small Oval. The 1/16th inch handheld punch was used to poke a hole in the tag. A piece of linen thread was threaded through the oval cutout and then knotted around the Kraft Taffeta Ribbon. I used a Stampin' dimensional to permanently affix the cutout in place so it wouldn't wander. Brads were added to the corners of the panel and then it was adhered to the Always Artichoke card base with more Stampin' dimensionals.

Guess what? I really like how this card turned out. Which means I want to keep it for myself instead of mailing it! Bad Danielle! I must resist this impulse and mail the card... maybe it will be easier if I actually address the envelope? Maybe...

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me. Paper: Always Artichoke, River Rock, Whisper White, Le Jardin Designer. Ink: Black StazOn. Other: Watercolor Wonder Crayons (Night of Navy and Pumpkin Pie), Blender Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, Small Oval Punch, Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, silver brads, Stampin' dimensionals.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love how you outlined the birdie in glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. Love the sparkles and how you did the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. go and send it- you have a great picture so resist your hoarding urges. You could even make another one! I know... weird but true!

    I {adore} that little birdie.. and your color choices and paper is beautimus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a GREAT card, I don't blame you for wanting to keep it but think of how much it will mean to the recipient! Glad I found your blog, I LOVE your stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)