Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oh so Manly Gift Card Holders

I needed a couple of gift card holders so I whipped these up as quickly as possible (can you say "last minute project!"). I tried to make them as manly as possible but couldn't resist adding a big of glitter, some ribbon (albeit chocolaty ribbon!) and a scalloped edge.

These are not full sized cards, instead I made them small enough to fit in some 3 5/8" x 5 1/8" envelopes I had lying around.

So you want some measurements? Well, start with a 4 7/8" by 8 1/2" piece of Close to Cocoa cardstock. Score at 2" and 5 1/2" and fold smaller piece in and adhered with a strong adhesive such as Sticky Strip or Terrific Tape. This creates the pocket to hold the gift card.

For the cover I scalloped the edge and added a bit of paper piercing for extra oomph. After that it was just a matter of stamping a focal image (reindeer from Merry & Bright), coloring it and then matting on more cardstock before adhering it to the cover with Stampin' dimensionals. Of course I just had to add some glitter and brads to bling it up a bit. To keep the holder closed I used a velcro dot... it's cheap and gets the job done, however it does add a bit of bulk to the project.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Merry & Bright, Cute Converse. Paper: Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa Prints Designer. Ink: Black StazOn. Other: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Blender Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, Chocolate Chip Satin Ribbon, small corner rounder, paper piercer, mat pack, silver brads, Stampin' dimensionals, velcro dot.

5 comments:

  1. Danielle, those are soo great! love the colors- super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute...in a "manly" way! I just love that little reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gift card holders are so cute! Love the scallops and paper piercing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't decide what I like best--the scalloped edge with piercing, the colors, the holder or the cute deer. What a great card--can you say CASE??? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)