Monday, December 31, 2007

Twinkle Toes

Even elephants like a little pampering... well, at least mine does. I just couldn't resist coloring the toenails red and adding a bit of glitter... she's all ready to party! Not me, I bailed on my friends and am instead staying home with my box of Kleenex. We have a very close relationship at the moment and cannot be parted. And if we get bored with each other there is always Chloraseptic Lozenges and Cold Eeze to keep us company... they tell the best stories, didn't ya know?!

Quick notes: Card base is a 5 1/4" x 10 1/2" piece of Regal Rose folded in half. Round the edges of the Rose Red Prints paper and add paper piercing to the edges before layering on Always Artichoke. On top of this layer add a piece of Always Artichoke Prints Designer paper (which was matted on Always Artichocke cardstock) with Stampin' dimensionals. Around these layers knot a couple pieces of pink ribbon.

Stamp elephant from Happy Heart Day on Shimmery White cardstock and watercolor with a Blender Pen and Watercolor Wonder Crayons before matting on Regal Rose cardstock. Stamp flower on a scrap piece of Shimmery White cardstock and also color, punch out with 1 1/4" circle punch, paper pierce the edges and layer on a 1 3/8" circle of Always Artichoke with dimensionals. Apply Crystal Effects to flower center and the elephant's toenails and flower, while wet dust with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Once the Crystal Effects is dry adhere images to decorated card base with more dimensionals.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Happy Heart Day. Paper: Regal Rose, Always Artichoke, Shimmery White, Rose Red Prints Designer, Always Artichoke Prints Designer. Ink: Black StazOn. Other: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Blender Pen, mat pack, paper piercer, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Stampin' dimensionals, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, May Arts pink textured ribbon.

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card.....WOW the details are amzing. Love your blog name...I have the original fat cat...Rocky. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling, and your coloring looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute - love the sparkley red toenails! Sorry you're feeling rotten - hope you're better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout and all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never thought I'd see an elephant with prettier toenails than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute..love the elephant on the shimmer paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you painted the nails, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Somebody hold me back!! This card is to die for! I think I'm going to copy this one too! LOL "Fat Cat Stamper ROCKS!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy moly! That is awesome! I hope to be able to create something like that someday, but I'll have a LOT to learn first considering I don't know how to do half of what you said...yet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card. I love the designer paper in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!!! Love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)