Sunday, December 9, 2007

The weather outside...

Yeesh... so no snow today but a light freezing/misting rain which I think is worse! My driveway is a miniature skating rink and I just about killed (slight exaggeration) myself a couple of times while scraping the ice from my Jeep's windows (blech!). But happily I am back home in the almost-warmth of my house (heat set to 68 degrees) with laundry whirling around in the dryer and a cup of hot chocolate in my near future (yum!)... and a card ready to share!

I used one of my favorite (and retiring) stamp sets, It's Snow Time, to make this sweet card. I was in the mood to distress so I used the little distressor tool and went crazy distressing all layers of the card (except the Whisper White). Of course after that I had to add a little sponging (but I left the Whisper White alone again). I used markers to color the snowman and added a couple of brads and ribbon to complete the card. Rather plain, but I like it!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: It's Snow Time. Paper: Creamy Caramel, Bordering Blue, Chcolate Chip, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Whisper White. Ink: Black StazOn, Old Olive, Bordering Blue. Markers: Bravo Burgundy, Bordering Blue, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive. Other: black brads, Bashful Blue Grosgrain ribbon, distressing tool, Stampin' dimensionals.

BTW... I did pour a liberal amount of salt on my driveway and porch so the ice would melt. 'Cause Mr. UPS Man is showing up tomorrow with my latest order of SU! stamps (preview sets!) and he mustn't get hurt or he might not deliver my orders in the future (which would be very sad, oh and it wouldn't be cool if he got hurt). Well, I better get the laundry done, so I can play tomorrow night. He he... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)