Friday, January 25, 2008

Chocolate or Veggies?

Normally I would pick chocolate over veggies, but in this case I will admit to really liking this Bella stamp even though she is carrying a basket of healthy munchies instead of scrumptious chocolate. But I must admit to a certain amount of jealousy... she looks like she is warm while I sit here on the couch under a blanket trying to thaw my icy toes. I'd turn up the heat (it's set at 67 degrees) but I just got the heating bill in the mail for the last month and all I gotta say is "ouch!". I think I'll just put on another sweater. :)
Quick Notes: Cardbase is a 5"x10" piece of Always Artichoke cardstock folder in half. Veggiebella was stamped in Black StazOn on Whisper White cardstock. Image was colored using a bunch of ink pads and a blender pen. Additional highlighting of the image was done with various markers (fine point tip). The small corner rounder (without the guide on) was used to create a scalloped edge out of Regal Rose cardstock. Paper piercing and sponging were added to the scallops before adhering the piece to some Basic Grey Infuse designer paper. I added a bit of gorgeous American Crafts premium ribbon before adhering all of the layers. The sentiment "happy days" is from the new Many Happy Returns stamp set.

Images copyright Stampin' Up! and Stamping Bella. Stamps: VeggieBella by Stamping Bella, Many Happy Returs. Paper: Always Artichoke, Real Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Infuse 6"x6" Basic Grey pad. Ink: Black StazOn, Real Red, Always Artichoke, Brocade Blue, Close to Cocoa, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Basic Gray, Regal Rose, Creamy Caramel, Pumpkin Pie marker, Lavender Lace marker, Brilliant Blue marker, Brocade Blue marker. Other: small corner rounder, ticket corner punch, Bold Bright brads, mat pack, paper piercer, American Crafts premium ribbon, Stampin' dimensionals.

Ohh... Almost forgot to mention, the awesome layout was inspired by this card by Christine.

4 comments:

  1. Great Bella card! I love this image!! Makes me think of spring...lol.
    Your colouring and shading is awesome on this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow she is just so cute. Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE!!!! I have several Bellas that are sitting around waiting to be played with -- and then I see your CUTE CUTE CUTE card using one of the NEW BELLAS! Now do I need to go shopping again because of YOU! ha! As always...you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Danielle. Up until this point, I've only purchased SU! stuff. It's difficult, as you know, to venture beyond when you're a demo. I just might have to dip my toe into the BELLA line (much to my husband's chagrin, who knows that I hide those SU! boxes that Brown delivers). I am in sooooooo much trouble! Love this card and your continual clean and crisp lines. Perfect ribbon, too. Computer programming may have to play second fiddle to your artful stamping--you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)