Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hello Ellie!

It's a Sunday special! I'm posting a second card for you! Now don't be expecting this every Sunday... this is just a fluke. :)

Quick notes: Ellie the Elephant (yup, I named her) from the Happy Heart Day stamp set was stamped in Black StazOn on Naturals White cardstock before being watercolored with Watercolor Pencils (not the crayons I normally use) and a Blender Pen. Just switching it up a bit for ya! :) One corner of the image was ticked with The Ticket Corner Punch before the edges were sponged with Close to Cocoa Classic ink. Main image was layered on a slightly larger piece of Real Red cardstock (whose edges were also distressed).

The second panel is a piece of Creamy Caramel that was randomly stamped with the flower image in Creamy Caramel classic ink. The edges were paper pierced and sponged with Close to Cocoa ink. This piece was adhered to a layer of Outlaw Designer paper (sponge edges here too) and then a piece of Real Red grosgrain ribbon was knotted about both pieces. Ellie was then stuck to this layer with Stampin' dimensionals and the whole outfit was glued to a 5" card base of Always Artichoke.

The card still needed a sentiment so I picked a stamp from Circle of Friendship and inked it up with Black Stazon and stamped on a scrap of Naturals White cardstock (I like the little specks or whatever are in this paper). I used my handy Crop-a-dile to punch a hole and set an Antique Brass jumbo eyelet. It was a little blah so I sponged the edges with more Close to Cocoa Classic ink. To finish off a piece of Natural Hemp cord was threaded through the circle and knotted around the Real Red grosgrain ribbon. I also used a little piece of dimensional to adhere the sentiment in place because I didn't want it to actually move around. This way it will stay perfect. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Happy Heart Day, Circle of Friendship. Paper: Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Real Red, Naturals White, Outlaw Designer (sorry, it's retired!). Ink: Black StazOn, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, watercolor pencils, blender pen, ticket corner punch, vintage brads, antique brass jumbo eyelet, Crop-a-dile, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, natural hemp twine, Stampin' dimensionals.

In other news... I've been tagged by Denise. I'm really awful at these tagging games since I usually have the best intentions to participate and then procrastinate and forget. Which happened again... Denise's tag reminded me that I never responded to one from a month or so ago that Renee sent my way (sorry Renee!).

So here are Seven Unusual Things About Me:
1.) I like to sing in my car while listening to the radio but only when alone.
2.) I like horror movies but must have a jacket or pillow that I can hide behind during the suspenseful moments. And no nachos and cheese allowed after that one incident... yup cheese everywhere!
3.) I play fetch with my cat Magoo and tried to teach him how to walk on a lease but that didn't work out.
4.) Love all Sci Fi movies and shows except Star Trek.
5.) I buy nice kitchen utensils and stuff but end up using the old ones so I don't ruin the news ones (I still have Pampered Chef stones that I have not taken out of their boxes).
6.) I like to read but have to set aside enough time to read the WHOLE book at one time cause I just can't stop once I get started. Which is why it took me six months to finally read the last Harry Potter book.
7.) Cat hair annoys me but I have two cats that I love... and four lint rollers.

To make up for the one I forgot about, here are Seven Unusual Things from my cat Magoo (aka The Fat Cat).
1.) I snore
2.) I like to drink from the toilet
3.) I like to drink from the humidifier reservoir when the tank is out and being refilled.
4.) I like to chew on fake Christmas trees
5.) I like to play fetch
6.) I like to wander the house and sing
7.) I like to scrounge for scraps... there is never food on the floor in this house!

If you have made it this far in this really really long post, consider yourself tagged. Ha ha ha! Hope everyone had a great weekend! :)

11 comments:

  1. OH My this is beyond adorable!!! I always love your great layouts and gasp every time I see your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looovvvee the layout of your card - it is adorable and the first thing that caught my eye. I also really like the detail you put into your cards, like the circle tag/sentiment. TFS. ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and when I first came to see what you might have created I stoped and said HUH??? WHy cause my name is Ellie! LOL so It was to fun (well for me! lol)
    So cute :)TFS

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable. I love that you used the western type paper instead of Valentine's paper. And I love what you do with the large brads. I am getting some finally because of your cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so funny. You make me laugh. I bet you are so fun to be around. Love the cards too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! LOVE the big eyelet in the center of Circle of Friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of the cutest cards I have seen with this set! Love the layout and the jumbo eyelet in the center of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your Happy Heart Day elephant card!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! This is a NEW FAV FOR ME!!!!! I am SO GOING TO COPY THIS ENTIRE CARD!!!! Girl....you did it once again :) I love everything you make...especially this one!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW! Paperlicious! Inkariffic! Bradtabulous! HELLO ELLIE!! YEAYA!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry to "tag" you! lol! I forget too... but i'm so glad you shared and now I feel happier knowing 7 unusual things about Magoo too!

    In other news, your Ellie card is simply adorable! You rock that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Love that it is done in browns--my mind gets stuck in an elephant gray rut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)