Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ho hum ho hum... whatever shall I post?

Why a new card of course! What did you think I was going to say? Another picture of a broken cabinet door? Nope, I haven't broken any other doors or anything else for that matter... although I have probably just jinxed myself. Please let whatever breaks next be something cheap or easily replaceable! :) But enough about my klutziness and onto the good stuff...

I stink this squirrel from Pun Fun is way too cute (my way of saying that you will probably see him on future cards). I stamped him (I should probably give him a name) on watercolor paper with Black StazOn and then colored him with a blender pen and various Classic ink pads (Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red and So Saffron, Sage Shadow). I ticked one corner with the ticket corner punch and then sponged the edges with Mellow Moss Classic ink. He (maybe Sam?) was then layered on a piece of Rose Red cardstock and a brad was added to the ticked corner. The edges of this layer were also sponged but with Rose Red Classic ink. Next I cut a piece of So Saffron cardstock and wheeled it with the It's Beautiful jumbo wheel in Mellow Moss. The edges were sponged with more Mellow Moss ink and some grosgrian ribbon was added. At this point both layers were adhered to the Mellow Moss card base. Maybe Chuck? As in how much wood can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Naw, he's a squirrel not a woodchuck.

Lastly some accents were created using the new Boho Blossoms punch, So Saffron Prints Designer paper and antique brass Build-a-brads. I'm actually in shock that I used three of these brads on one card... talk about breaking the habit of hoarding! :) Oh, almost forgot the flowers were punched and then sponged with Rose Red Classic ink before being assembled and attached to the card with Stampin' dimensionals. Yup, Spike (I like this one, so it is official) is surrounded by flowers but I think he can handle it, especially with a name like Spike. Heh heh.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Pun Fun, It's Beautiful jumbo wheel. Paper: Mellow Moss, So Saffron, Rose Red, watercolor, So Saffron Prints designer. Ink: Mellow Moss, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron, Sage Shadow, Black StazOn. Other: Boho Blossoms punch, ticket corner punch, antique brass Build-a-brads, blender pen, vintage brads, Mellow Moss grosgrain ribbon, Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' dimensionals.

*** Edited: Ack! I just realized this image is actually a SKUNK! Now the sentiment makes sense... LOL!. But I'm still going to call him Spike! :)

In other news: Paper Pretties is having an Out With the Old, In With the New sale at their store. In order to make room for new products from CHA they are moving items into the Sale category on a daily basis. Just a little heads up for you shoppers out there.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get this set... I think it is a skunk too. :) But works as a squirrel just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such very cute darling cards!! I think yours are my favorites of all I have seen for Valentines cards. Great job!!! wow..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)