Saturday, January 5, 2008

I've been busy...

Making a little gift set that is! I actually finished this little set last night but regrettably the battery for my digital camera was dead. And the truly sad part is that I have a spare battery but had neglected to charge that one too... oops! So instead I will post my little project today. Enjoy!

What goodies are in this set? A decorated mailbox tin from Target's dollar section, a chipboard coaster calender, and a couple of mini cards to put in the tin. I intended for the calender to fit in the tin also but my math was a bit faulty (okay... so I forgot to actually measure!).

For the tin, I covered the outside using Le Jardin Designer paper. I adhered it to the can with some super sticky tape (Sticky Strip or Terrific Tape works perfectly for this task). I then added a little Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon to the edges with more sticky tape. For the flag I cut a small piece of Bashful Blue cardstock, sponged the edges and paper pierced. I stamped a flower from Holiday Blitz in Bashful Blue Classic ink on So Saffron cardstock, punched out with the 3/4" circle punch and added a clear crystal brad to the center. The decorated square was adhered to the flag and a piece of River Rock double-stitched ribbon was tied around the flag pole.

For the front of the mailbox, I used another piece of Le Jardin designer paper and stamped the Perfect definition from Define Your Life in Black Stazon before matting on Bashful Blue and Not Quite Navy cardstock (a piece of Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon was also used). For the glitter letter "P" on the medallion I used a piece from the On Board Lots of Letters Chipboard collection, colored it with a Sponge Dauber and Bashful Blue Classic ink. I then coated the letter with VersaMark and covered in Heat 'n Stick powder before Heat embossing and following that up with a coating of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. This letter was then glued to a 1 3/8" circle of So Saffron that had been paper pierced before attaching to a scalloped circle of Bashful Blue cardstock. The edges of the scalloped circle were sponged with Bashful Blue Classic ink and then paper pierced. Whew... sounds like a lot of work but it wasn't actually too bad.

P.S. I bought my tins from the Target in Jackson, MI. I took all the white ones they had (seven of 'em) but left the majority of pink and red ones behind (not really my colors).

The Chipboard Calender, step-by-step instructions can be found on Split Coast Stampers. I did decorate the cover so that the calender matched the rest of the gift set and I used the Bind-it-All to attached the coasters to each other.

For the inside, I added a photo mat on the left side and adhered the calender pages to the right side. Used a bit of Mellow Moss grosgrain ribbon and the leaf from Holiday Blitz to decorate the pages. Since this is a gift set I did not add a picture. I'll leave that for the recipient to do.

A gift set isn't complete without a couple of gift cards! These are 3"x3" mini cards with envelopes that will fit inside the mailbox tin (unlike my calender... grr...). Again I used the same layout for these cards as I used on the front of the tin and chipboard calender.

For the leaf, I stamped the leaf from Holiday Blitz in Black StazOn on Whisper White cardstock and then watercolored using a Blender Pen and Old Olive Classic ink.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Holiday Blitz, Define Your Life. Paper: Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, So Saffron, River Rock, Whisper White, Le Jardin Designer. Ink: Black StazOn, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, VersaMark. Other: Scallop Circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, paper piercer, mat pack, Bashful Blue and Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, River Rock double-stitched ribbon, Blender Pen, Heat 'n Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, silver brads, clear crystal brads, Stampin' dimensionals, mailbox tin, medium weight chipboard coasters, Bind-it-All, 1/2" silver O-wires.

11 comments:

  1. I love the whole set! I saw the tutorial on SplitCoast, but I didn't find a calendar I liked... Which one did you use? I like yours!

    I've seen the mailboxes at Target, but couldn't think of a good way to use them. I was stuck on the idea of using it for Christmas.

    Thanks for great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome set! May I ask where you purchased your calendars?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How terrific! These are really cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great set - love each & every piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect is exactly right -- this set is paper perfection! Do you need my address so you can clear them off your desk and focus on something new?! LOL I just bought 16 of these mailboxes at Tar-jay, and now you've got me itching to play with them! Thanks a bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle, this gift set is so very tastefully done! WOW! Looks like items one would spend big bucks on in a boutique! Excellent job!

    btw ... I'm so jealous you own Define Your Life stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love all of your layers. that leaf stamp is great. i like the way you put the brads on over the piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been checking in on your blog since I stumbled across it a few months ago and I just love your projects.

    I'm also a demo and had seen 3x3 cards done with the chipboard letters and Define your life. I think I'm going to use your card layout and put either the new monogram letters or the western letters in the circle where you have the flower.

    Awesome Projects!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle, I just love coming to your blog. Your style is so much like mine that it's a breath of fresh air for me! Thank you for sharing such lovely projects with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE your mailbox!!! I was looking for an idea and ended up searching google. And you showed up. Wow, I really want to make this, and I'm thrilled you used SU products!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)