Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Little Black Dress

Or what I think a little black dress would look like if it were a card... glitzy, stylish and with a bit black of course!

Notes: Stamp flower from the So Many Scallops Sale-a-bration stamp set in VersaMark on Basic Black cardstock. Apply Heat 'n Stick powder and heat before coating with Orchid Fine Cosmo glitter. Punch flower out with scallop circle punch. Next I stamped the flowers from One of a Kind in Lavender Lace on Whisper White cardstock. I punched one of these flowers out with the Boho Blossoms punch and layered on Elegant Eggplant cardstock before adding to the bigger blossom with a large black brad (I think from Making Memories... I bought it a long time ago). The rest of the card is pretty straight forward... any questions just hit he contact me link to the upper right and let me know!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: So Many Scallops (SAB set), One of a Kind. Paper: Lavender Lace, Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White. Ink: Black StazOn, Lavender Lace, VersaMark. Other: Scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch, Boho Blossoms punch, mat pack, paper piercer, large black brad,striped ribbon (May Arts), Heat n' Stick powder, Fine Cosmo Glitter, Stampin' dimensionals.

Well... I'm off to start working on my taxes. Hoping there is some extra refund cashage that I can use for my next SU! order. :)

12 comments:

  1. Oooh this is soooo pretty! Love the purple & black combo, and the shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card. So pretty and elegant looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love the orchid glitter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card! It's beautiful! I'm getting into using more black in my cards right now-a new thing for me. Thanks! Robyn P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Good analogy, it does look like a little black dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love the glitter and the color combo!!! It makes me want to grab some black and purple paper and get stamping! Thanks for the inspiration!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dawn McVey (dawnsing)January 23, 2008 at 9:27 PM

    Danielle! This is OH, SO GLAM! I love it! And that glitter looks so different (and awesome!!) on black! I never would have thought of this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, so pretty. I just found your site. I have it added to my favorites and I hope you will let me add you to my blogroll. You are very talented :)

    JoAnna

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow!!! that is just striking!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly different, and striking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowza! I love the look of the glitter on the black cardstock.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)