Thursday, January 10, 2008

Monkeys & Silk?!

I'm pretty excited about this card! Why, you ask? Here goes:

1.) Monkeys are just plain fun, especially when they are blue.

2.) I used my ticket corner punch and paper piercer, which are a couple of my favorite tools.

3.) and most importantly I had time to try my hand at the Featured Tutorial that was posted to SplitCoastStampers yesterday: Faux Silk!

The tutorial has the details on how to create your very own faux silk so check it out. Perhaps make some Blue Monkey Silk Designer paper... it's going to be all the rage I tell ya!

Just a couple of notes: 1.) I used Classic ink pads in Brocade and Bashful blues and a blender pen to watercolor the monkeys and 2.) my glue sticks had turned to rubber (argh!) so instead I ran my white cardstock through my Zyron 900 machine to make it sticky.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Zoofari, Hugs & Wishes. Paper: Brocade Blue, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Tissue. Ink: Black StazOn, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue. Other: black (vintage) brads, blender pen, paper piercer, mat pack, ticket corner punch, Stampin' dimensionals, Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon, kraft taffeta ribbon, Zyron 900 sticker machine, silver Copic AtYou glitter pen.

In other news, it is almost party time over at Paper Pretties!
When: Friday, January 11, 08
Where: Paper Pretties

Please note, you’ll need to register as a user to the site, so please stop by a little early to make your way into to the Forum. All you need to do is click on “register” below the member’s login. If you’ve already registered then you just log in and head to the forum!

Once in the Forum, look for “Parties” and we’ll all be meeting there at 7pm CST.

Who: Everybody who loves to stamp!
Why: To celebrate our big announcement: There will be games, prizes, we’ll announce a customer submission contest, and LOTS of fun!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it, Danielle! Your faux silk looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue monkey's too! Your faux silk is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHMIWERD! i so freaking love your monkey card! The faux silk technique is going to be my hostess club project this month, it's so kewl... Sooo glad you did this challenge and rocked it- TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi danielle - i just discovered your blog today after reading about this entry on denise's blog and will start working my way backwards. you are an amazing stamper! :) tfs your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Cute Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!! Blue monkeys and all!! so very cute!! Your photo shows off the faux silk part better~ hadn't tried it, now I am off to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so adorable! I love the monkeys in blue! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)