Monday, January 21, 2008

New Look and a New Card

Just another one of my creations for VSN (Virtual Stamp Night). This one in particular was for the Nail Polish, mud MASK, and Lotion challenge. Just a little mud masking for the birdies to make them beautiful. :)

Quick notes: The little birdie was stamped on Whisper White and then masked with a post-it note (stamp bird on post-it and cut out to create the mask) before stamping the second bird. On a second post-it note punch a small oval. Lay the sticky note over the birds with the opening near their feet and then sponge with Old Olive Classic ink. Color the birdies with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a blender pen. The rest of the card was a matter of doing some wheeling, sponging and finding the perfect accessories. Yeah... my cards feel the need to be stylish... especially the birdies. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me, It's Beautiful jumbo wheel, Rough Texture jumbo wheel. Paper: So Saffron, More Mustard, River Rock, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White. Ink: Black StazOn, River Rock, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive. Other: Watercolor wonder crayons, blender pen, vintage brads, mat pack, paper piercer, chocolate chip wide grosgrain ribbon, kraft taffeta ribbon, small oval punch.

Did you notice? I changed up the look of my blog a bit. I simplified it and put a different banner at the top. Circles are in, ya know! :) The background paper from the banner was downloaded from www.digitreats.typepad.com. I also messed around with my links a bit, hopefully I didn't misspell anyone's name! :) If I did, let me know.

8 comments:

  1. Okay, those birdies are soo cute snuggling together! and the colors are so fun! I am assuming, because i didn't play VSN, the Mudd Mask is like the green stuff we put on our faces? But what was the nail polish part?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, ps- cute new banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an adorable card. I really like the earthy color scheme that you used too! Thanks for sharing your creations! ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, I love the colors! And you new blog look looks amazing! TFS. (I haven't disapppeared, I have tried to comment sooo many times lately but I've had trouble with Blogger:(.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card! love it!! All birdies should be accessorized!!! ;)
    wish I could learn how to do that digi junk!! great new banner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't see your new banner! Did it disappear or something???
    Nice birdy cards though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!! You are one amazing stamper!! I'm SO going to CASE your sweet birdies(with credit of course). Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on making Stampers' Showcase with this sweet card, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)