Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Stampin' Up! is in the House!

The new stamps have been trimmed and mounted (I need to sharpen my craft scissors) and stacked in a pile (I've run out of shelf space), the paper filed in my paper holder (protects from drool) and all the new accessories are within reach (my ribbon racks are overflowing)... which means it is time to get crafty! :)

Of course one of the first things I grabbed were the new Felt Flowers which come in the loveliest colors of Rose Red, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie. I picked two of the flowers to use and like that I had a color combination for my card. :) After that it was a matter of deciding the layout, which was super easy because I altered one that Jen had posted to her blog a couple weeks ago.
You can see her sketch here. Next I needed to choose the stamps and well I wanted to use some of my new toys so picking the It's Beautiful jumbo wheel and a sentiment from Smarty Pants was a snap. Finally it was a matter of stamping, a whole lot of sponging of Old Olive Classic ink and adhering all the little pieces together to create one cheerful and fun card. I like it. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Smarty Pants, It's Beautiful jumbo wheel. Paper: Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy, River Rock, Bali Breeze Designer. Ink: Black StazOn, Old Olive. Other: River Rock double stitched ribbon, gold brad, Felt Flowers, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge.

But I couldn't just stop with making one card, could I? This next card is a super easy and quick card using the Pun Fun stamp set. I'm really loving the fact that SU! came out with a couple of funny stamp sets. I love all the flower sets they have but once in a while I just want something a little more casual and a little less flowery. Of course you'll notice I then used flowery designer paper... ugh! :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Pun Fun. Paper: Basic Gray, River Rock, Basic Black, watercolor, Ginger Blossom Designer. Ink: Black StazOn, Basic Gray. Other: blender pen, black grosgrain ribbon, vintage brads, Stampin' dimensionals.

3 comments:

  1. It's always sooo fun to get new stuff (both stamping and non-stamping related LOL!) The cards came out great. I love the funny sentiment and I also like the more casual/funny sets too. And those felt flowers look very cool. TFS! And a quick question - how do you sharpen your craft scissors? Is that something you do yourself or do you have to have someone do it (sorry if that's a silly question)?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are super cute. From reading your blog, I am not surprised at all you picked the "funny" stamp sets. Both cards that you have today seem to match your personality. I know that you are a hoot to be around!

    Quick question:How does your kitchen cabinet door look now that the twine and tape was taken off? Did the glue work??? ha ha

    Winthrop84

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love both of these! From gorgeously detailed to amazingly simple...you do it all! Love, love love that sentiment, truly sums up the meaning of life! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)