Sunday, January 13, 2008

New toys coming soon...

I should have some new toys arriving soon from SU!, but until then I will just have to suffer through playing with the toys I already have. You know... the ones cluttering my counter, overflowing the drawers in my rolling cart and stacked in piles on any and all other surfaces available. I'm thinking I might have to do a bit of cleaning and organizing before I can even play with my new stuff or maybe I will just let the piles grow and teeter precariously over me as I stamp in the minuscule space left on my table. I'll leave it to your imagination which choice I make. :)

In the meantime I actually set aside time today to be crafty and play with many of my neglected sets (which will only become more so once the new toys arrive!). Here is one of the cards that I made. The latest Sketch For You to Try posted by Jen at i{heart}2stamp.com was my inspiration for this card. With the layout taken care of it was just a matter of picking a focal image and deciding the colors.

Quick notes: card base is a 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of Purely Pomegranate cardstock folded in half. The main image was stamped on Whisper White cardstock and then trimmed before adding a brad to the center and adhering to a 1 3/8" circle of Pretty in Pink cardstock. The Wish Big sentiment from Short & Sweet was stamped in Black StazOn on Pretty in Pink cardstock before being punched out with the word window punch. The rest of the layers were cut, paper pierced and/or corner rounded in places and sponged with Purely Pomegranate ink.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Big Flowers, Short & Sweet. Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Bali Breeze Designer. Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Black StazOn. Other: Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon, vintage brads, mat pack, paper piercer, small corner rounder, word window punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge.

6 comments:

  1. Teehee, your workspace sounds like mine! Though I did clean yesterday because my new stuff is coming tomorrow. I love this sketch, and am gonna have to try it. Cute card, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card - love the color combo you put together - I would never have thought to put them together.

    And lucky you to have new stuff to play and create with!! Have fun - and I'm looking forward to see what you create (what luck to find your wonderful blog through Denise's!) ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWZAS!!! This is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have put these colors together, but I will now!! Great sketch and wonderful card...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your layout and those colors are great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)