Saturday, January 26, 2008

Purple, purple and more purple...

What do you get when you mix chicken, bacon and some cheese? Alice Springs Chicken (no mushrooms please!) from Outback Steakhouse... and a dash of food coma! But it was sooooo good and so worth the resulting drowsiness! And why am I bringing up what I ate for supper? 'Cause it made me a little late in posting this card, the very purple card that I made for a swap I am in (GreatSwaps!) using the soon to be available Sale-a-bration set Lots Of Thoughts. I know it is horrible but sometimes supper does take precedence over stamping, blogging and blurfing. Yeah that last one sounds like an obscene bodily function that might occur after overeating but it is a little term I learned on SplitCoastStampers that means: the act of blog surfing. So blurf all you want... I don't think anyone will mind. :)

Well, if you managed to follow all of that last paragraph you are probably ready for the quick notes. So here goes: card base is a 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of Elegant Eggplant folded in half. The next layer is Lavender Lace cardstock that has been randomly stamped with the Cheers to You stamp in Lavender Lace. The edges of this layer were distressed with the distressing tool from the cutter kit. The next layer is Always Artichoke on top of which is a Mellow Moss layer that was wheeled with the It's Beautiful jumbo wheel (my favorite!) in the same color and distressed. Black gingham ribbon was knotted about this layer and three black brads were added. I use the template (love this tool) from the mat pack and a paper piercer to poke evenly spaced holes for the brads. Finally the Cheers to You was stamped again on Lavender Lace cardstock but this time in Black StazOn. It was punched out with the 1 1/4" square punch, distressed and layered on a 1 3/8" square of Elegant Eggplant. A rather easy card but I think it packs a lot of purple punch!

Images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Lots of Thoughts (SAB set), It's Beautiful jumbo wheel. Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss. Ink: Black StazOn, Lavender Lace, Mellow Moss. Other: black brads, black gingham ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer, distressing tool.

P.S. I'm a bit behind in answering the emails I have received in the last two weeks. I'm hoping to get caught up tomorrow. :) Thanks for being patient!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I like the colors for this card and the layout. I think I am gonna have to copy it :) Thanks for letting me add you to my blogroll.

    JoAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the purple! I also really like the layout and the fact that a sentiment was the focal image of the rather, rather than a picture image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!! I LOVE the Alice Springs chicken at Outback!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)