Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Royally Pink

Can you think of a better color for a Queen card than pink? I sure couldn't, so here it is, my very pink card for a queen.

Cardbase: Wheel piece of Pretty in Pink cardstock with So Swirly jumbo wheel in Regal Rose classic ink before adhering to cardbase. Do make sure you sound the necessary "Whee" noise as you wheel as it makes the process that much more fun.

Gray layer: First cut a piece of Basic Grey cardstock and randomly stamp with images from Time Well Spent (I used Basic Gray Classic ink). Whistling tunelessly helps the random process, but that might just be because I can't think and whistle at the same time. Next, ink up the Sanded background stamp with Versamark and apply to Basic Gray cardstock. My application method is to lay the inked stamp upside down on the table and then lay the paper on top of it and rub with my hand... sort of a back rub for cardstock... ohhh... we can call this the Back Rub Technique! Okay, back to the topic... adhere a bit of Wide Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon to cardstock. Using mat pack and paper piercer poke three holes through the ribbon and then add black brads. Adhere to card... ya, as simple as that.

The main sentiment: Stamp the Studio G sentiment "You are the queen" in Black StazOn on Pretty in Pink cardstock. Yeah, I have a few friends this sentiment really applies to! :) But in a good way! Next color flower and letters with silver and pink Copic At You Spica pens, adds just the right amount of glitter. Layer image on Regal Rose and Basic Black cardstock before poking a hold through the flower and adding a Pretty in Pink brad. Finally tie some ribbon around the pink Making Memories clip. Some brow furrowing will be necessary as the clip is not into bondage and will try to escape, but with a bit of concentration that rotten little clip can be beaten. Finally attach the stubborn clip to the main sentiment and adhere the whole she-bang to the card base with dimensionals.

Some images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Time Well Spent (hostess), So Swirly Jumbo Wheel, Sanded background, You Are the Queen (from Studio G). Paper: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Basic Gray. Ink: Regal Rose, Basic Gray, VersaMark, Black StazOn. Other: Pink Clip by Making Memories, Pink Polka Dot ribbon by May Arts, Copic At You spica glitter pens, Regal Rose Wide and narrow grosgrain ribbons, vintage brads, Soft Subtles brads, Stampin' dimensionals.

In other news... my not-quite-a-cold will soon be history, as I visited the doctor's office today and got a handy prescription for antibiotics. Not-quite-a-cold may actually be bronchitis or could have been joined by its cousin Strep Throat (although I'm doubting that one... but hey, I'll know for sure tomorrow). Needless to say, it will soon be a goner (goodbye and so long, you've visited quite long enough!) and I will be back to normal! Yippy! Can ya tell I am very happy? Now if only I could work up the energy to vacuum my floor... naw... too sick. :)

4 comments:

  1. The vacuuming will wait!! Awesome card! I hope you are feeling better soon Danielle:) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Danielle! The clip and ribbon totally caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi danielle,
    this is so cute !!!!i have been enjoying your beautiful creations
    tfs,
    chat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. And your write up is too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)