Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Wee Bit Behind!

It has been quite some time since I scrapbooked which means I am very far behind and need a bit of practice (yup, this is a practice page, so don't beat up on it too much!). I decided I better get cracking on last years pictures before I make any trips this year. :)

This picture is from my Summer of '07 trip to Spain and Portugal (it's the Royal Palace in Madrid). I actually plan on making a 12"x12" scrapbook for this trip but alas I have a very limited selection of 12"x12" cardstock at the moment, I'll take care of that problem with my next order. Of course I'll get a few other things at the same time, perhaps a new alphabet set. Anyone have any opinions on the new Stampin' Up! Schoolbook Serif set? I like my Big Deal alphabet for some things but it just looks odd on this page with the letter "a" being a different font size then the rest.

Tip: I cut the More Mustard circle with my Coluzzle and circle template. I then lightly scratched (used very light pressure to keep from cutting) the next size smaller circle onto the cutout and followed that faint line as I paper pierced the circle. I tacked the circle into place with a little glue and then used that as a guide as I spelled out "madrid" with the Big Deal Alphabet (my one and only non-retired set!).

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Big Deal Alphabet, Amazing to Zany, Doodle This, Sanded Background. Paper: River Rock, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Ginger Blossom Designer. Ink: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, More Mustard, Black StazOn, Black pen. Other: Flower Fusion felt flowers, gold brads, Coluzzle Cutting system and circle template, mat pack, paper piercer.

Do over comments: If I were to redo this page I would cut the River Rock cardstock to about 9"x8.5", leave off the flourishes and designer paper and layer the river rock on a sheet of 12"x12" Old Olive cardstock (probably wheeled in the same color with the It's Beautiful jumbo wheel). I would also space out the "madrid" a little more so it would make a perfect semi-circle. There would also be a slightly wider border of River Rock on the left side. Hmm... maybe I will do this once I get more 12"x12" paper. We'll see...

5 comments:

  1. Wow - your practice page!? I love it! I love how you did the circle and the lettering around it. Very cool! I hope you post more of your scrapbook pages as you do them - I mostly work on travel scrapbooks too so I love to see how others document their journeys. Plus I've always wanted to go to Spain & Portugal, so I can live vicariously through you... ;-) (I really should work on my son's book, he just turned 2 & I haven't started it! But I still have Hawaii, Switzerland & China to do from our pre-baby days...!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great layout! What a fabulous picture you started with! I have yet to scrap our trip from over 2 years ago! Thanks for the much needed motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! I like how you did it this time, but if you redo it like you mentioned, post that too! Keep up the good work!!!

    (oh, the schoolbook serif alpha looks very nice and timeless!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For a practise page, this look pretty darn good. Can't wait to see more....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't change a thing! I've been to Spain and Portugal--loved Portugal, but wasn't impressed with southern Spain. We also went to the Rock of Gibraltar--fascinating! Isn't Europe wonderful for all that history, art and architecture??? My favorite is Italy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)