Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What's in your mailbox?

Well my niece's mailbox has chocolate! She should have received this little pink mailbox today so I think I'm safe posting it now. Hopefully she thinks it is as cute as I do!

I used double-sided pretty pink designer paper by Bo Bunny to cover the mailbox. For the exterior a 4" x 12" piece was the perfect size. Where the flag is attached I punched a 1/2" circle and cut from the outside edge to the circle so the paper could slip around the flag and be adhered with Sticky Strip. For the front I traced the lid on another piece of the paper with a pen and then cut it out and adhered it to the tin. To finish off, I adhered two strips of May Arts Dark Brown Satin ribbon around the edges of the tin.

Decoration time: First up was the front of the tin and since this is for my niece Stephanie it just had to be glittery! I pulled out my brand new Sticky Cuts Letters and picked the letter "S". I pulled off the backing and adhered it to a piece of Regal Rose Textured cardstock. Next I peeled off the facing and poured some Rose Pink Fine Cosmo glitter all of the letter, using my finger to press the glitter into the sticky letter. The excess glitter was poured back into the container and I removed any little hanger-ons by spinging the back of the cardstock with my thumb and forefinger. It still needed a little something so I added one of the Felt Fusion little flowers with a brad. To finish the front I sponged the edges of the Regal Rose cardstock and the designer paper on the tin with Chocolate Chip Close to Cocoa, layered the letter on Chocolate Chip and adhered the letter to the tin with dimensionals.

Raise the flag: the last touches were added to the tin by decorating the flag. I picked the heart image from the Holiday Blitz stamp set and stamped it in Pixie Pink on Whisper White cardstock and punched out with the 3/4" circle. I adhered a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the heart. The heart was adhered to a piece of Pink Passion cardstock and then layered again on Chocolate Chip. Another little flower was added with a vintage brad before gluing the whole piece to the flag. To finish off various brown and pink ribbons from my scrap collection were knotted on the flag pole. Just a note: all the little pieces for the flag were sponged with Chocolate Chip Classic ink.

So what do you think? Is my niece going to love it? I think so!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Holiday Blitz. Ink: Pixie Pink, Chocolate Chip. Paper: Bo Bunny Bella Journee Paris Romance, Regal Rose Textured, Chocolate Chip, Pink Passion, Whisper White. Other: 3/4" circle punch, Dark Brown Satin ribbon by May Arts, various ribbon scraps used on the flag, Felt Fusion flowers, vintage brads, Sticky Cuts Letters, Rose Pink Fine Cosmo glitter, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, sticky strip, Stampin' dimensionals, pink mailbox tin from Target dollar spot.

P.S. I also made a different tin for my nephew Charlie but it didn't turn out quite how I intended. A boo boo or two but he'll love it for the chocolate inside! :)

6 comments:

  1. Love it to pieces! She'll love it too- where did you get the double sided tape letter?? never heard of those and i'm suddenly "needing" some.. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work! I am such a sheep (follower) with stamping and am not too good at thinkin' outside that proverbial box. But YOUR work is just such an inspiration to stampers like me! Tell ya what, if your niece doesn't love love love this, you can just pass it along to me. THANX FOR YOUR INSPIRATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ilove it and I am sure she will love it also.
    JoAnn B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I've got a question for ya though, How much glitter did you have to use for the letter? I'm wanting to order these letters, but I want to make sure I have enough glitter for many of the letters! more specifically, how many letters do you think you would get out of one container of that particular glitter?

    Thanks! beautiful mailbox btw, I'm in the process of making mine too, i'm just going to have to wait for my order of sticky letters to get them out though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too cute! I'm sure your niece will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Love the ribbons on the flag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)