Sunday, January 6, 2008

WSC29: Beate's Back!

Beate's back and blogging over at Fresh and Fun, which means a new Weekend Sketch Challenge to participate in! Happily I had some time to play this weekend and came up with this card using the Time Well Spent hostess set from SU!.

Quick notes: I thought I had worked sponging out of my system... but I was wrong! This card just demanded some distressing, so I gave in and grabbed a piece of sponge and my Chocolate Chip ink pad and went wild applying ink to the main image, Designer paper panels and the sentiment. The main image was watercolored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an AquaPainter before some Dazzling diamonds glitter was added with Sakura Quickie Glue Pen.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Time Well Spent (hostess), Circle of Friendship. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow, Really Rust, watercolor, Outlaw Designer. Ink: Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip. Other: vintage brads, antique brass jumbo eyelets, ticket corner punch, 1" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, mat pack, paper piercer, Crop-a-dile, ribbon (Target dollar spot), Watercolor Wonder Crayons, AquaPainter, sponge, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen.

8 comments:

  1. I love the sponging! I don't do it often enough anymore...some cards just NEED it...so I know where you are coming from!
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, this is gorgeous! I love the paper and I love that you used the big fat eyelets for the flower!
    Thanks so much for playing with the sketch
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL card, Danielle ... sponging and all! I especially like the jumbo eyelets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your site and it's one of my new favorites. Love this card! I think you just convinced me to get some of those large eyelets!!! Love how you used it with the circle stamp!! I'll be back often. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgous !! Love the subdued colors on that stamp, it gives it a whole new non childish feel !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is gorgeous. Love the way you used the jumbo brads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chris led me to your blog, what a great card, I'm impressed. I hope I can scraplift this from you.

    Rachel in Alabama!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)