Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Yum Factor

When I was perusing the new Stampin' Up! catalog and saw this recipe set I just new I had to have it! Maybe for all those "healthy" recipes that I should be making... or maybe for all those yummy desserts that I just love to bake. :)

But how to incorporate this set into a card? As luck would have it one of the challenges for Split Coast Stampers Friday night VSN (Virtual Stamping Night) was to make a criss-cross card... which is totally perfect! Now I just need to write a recipe on the card and mail it to a friend. Hmmm... research... I'll have to make sure the recipe is a good one. :)

Quick notes: Check out the tutorial for all the details on making the card holder. I used the Outlaw Designer paper (so sad that SU! retired it) and a couple of jumbo brads and natural hemp twine to accessorize. Edges of the designer paper and labels were sponged with Really Rust Classic ink.

For the recipe card I colored the little dessert cup with markers (Rub Red, Really Rust and Creamy Caramel). A line of holes were paper pierced across the bottom of the card (ties it in with the paper piercing on the card holder).

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: From the Kitchen Of. Paper: More Mustard, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Outlaw Designer, Whisper White, Naturals White. Ink: Black Stazon, Really Rust, Ruby Red marker, Really Rust marker, Creamy Caramel marker. Other: antique brass jumbo eyelets, mat pack, paper piercer, linen thread, natural hemp, small oval punch, round tab punch, crop-a-dile.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I just happened upon your blog and it is fantastic. You are a super stamper. What talent. Thanks for sharing all these awesome creations.
    Dawn B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I really want that recipe set, too. And I'm also bummed they retired Outlaw! Great job on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your criscross card holder- and that is such a great idea to incorporate with the recipe card. Thanks for the inspiration! ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea with the recipe set. I need your advice, though.... How did you stamp the main recipe card? I've got the same set and am so frustrated. I can't seem to eye-ball it, and if I lay the paper over the stamp instead I smear the image. Do you stamp and then cut it out to mat? Thanks in advance for your help! Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)