Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Yoga Day

One of my favorite activities is yoga so when I saw this new set by My Favorite Things I HAD to buy it. Had to! :) Then I had to make this card for my yoga instructor to go with the gift we bought her. Yes, we bribe our instructor... she's great and gives us an awesome deal so we have to keep her happy! :)

Quick notes: card base is 5" x 10" folded in half. Using Classic ink pads and a blender pen watercolor the lady, clothes and mat. Stamp image a second time on a scrap piece of paper and cut out. Apply a removable glue to the back of this piece and layer over first colored image. Sponge over the whole image with Bashful Blue Classic ink. Remove mask to expose image. Add Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the tank with the Sakura Quickie Glue pen.

All images copyright My Favorite Things. Stamps: Serenity Now. Paper: Pretty in Pink, Ruby Red, Old Olive, River Rock, Basic Grey Two Scoops Designer. Ink: Archival Brilliance Graphite, Regal Rose, Ruby Red, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom. Other: Old Olive Twill tape ribbon, Kraft Taffeta ribbon, photo corner punch, vintage brads, small corner rounder, mat pack, paper piercer, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge, Sakura Quickie Glue pen, Dazzling Diamond glitter.

4 comments:

  1. Danielle, this is gorgeous! The colors, layout, paper everything - beatiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation! Love those colors and that layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty --the background paper goes so perfect with the yoga girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, would you believe that I have never thought to mat those photo corners until I saw this post?! What a complete "duh!" moment!! But thank you for helping illuminate the little light bulb over my head once again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)