Sunday, February 10, 2008

I think I need a cupcake now!

I think I just discovered a new favorite color combination: Old Olive, More Mustard and Apricot Appeal. What do you think? If you love the combo and make a card with it, please let me know so I can check it out! )

Notes: Cupcake from Cause for Celebration was stamped in Black StazOn on Naturals White cardstock. A thin layer of Crystal Effects was applied to the frosting area and some beads poured over it, shake off excess. Make sure and trim your image before doing this step... the beads are a bit bulky and do not cooperate with the trimmer. Ask me how I know! :) Then an Old Olive marker was used to color along the lines of the cupcake base and a blender pen was used to pull the color into the rest of the white areas. The flame was colored with an Apricot Appeal marker. The edges were sponged with More Mustard Classic ink and the image was matted on cardstock of the same color. I used the slit punch to make a notch on the right side (sponge the notch too!).

A flower stamp from the same set was randomly stamped in Apricot Appeal Classic ink on cardstock of the same colors. The edges were sponged in More Mustard Classic and then the layer was matted on another piece of More Mustard cardstock. I knotted a piece of the new Old Olive polytwill ribbon (available March 1st from SU!) around the layer, lining it up with the notch on the cupcake layer. This ribbon is awesome and it comes in Chocolate Chip too!!! A sentiment from A Little Birthday Cheer was stamped and the layers assembled on an Old Olive card base. A rater simple and quick card... except for the drying time of the Crystal Effects. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Cause for Celebration hostess set, A Little Birthday Cheer. Paper: Old Olive, More Mustard, Apricot Appeal, Naturals White. Ink: Black StazOn, Apricot Appeal Classic, More Mustard Classic, Apricot Appeal marker, Old Olive marker. Other: Old Olive Poly-twill ribbon, slit punch, Stampin' dimensionals, beads (retired), Crystal Effects, sponge, blender pen.

11 comments:

  1. Great card, Danielle! I love the colour combination and I did try it out although I don't think I was as successful as you at it! Here is a link: Baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and the colour combination is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your right, these colors are great together. thanks doe sharing. i get tired of the same ole combinations all the time. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card - simple and elegant yet playful. Its a great colour combination - I'm going to have to give that a try sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have given you an Excellent Award.

    Check it out here:

    http://blog.michellescrapbooking.com/excellent/

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What an adorable card! Love that crystal effects & bead combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card! I like what you did for the frosting:) Have to admit I got this set too, strictly for the cupcake, lol! TFS:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that combo sooo much!! Your
    card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great color combo Danielle! I love the beads on the frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this card, and CASEd you with a change in colors.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card - especially the color combo! It could easily be for a guy or gal. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)