Saturday, February 9, 2008

I'm back and so are the Deer

Yikes! I've been super-duper busy the last few days and haven't had any time to post much less craft (a shocker, I know). Although it has been fun busy... ending with the movie night on Friday watching all three of the Indiana Jones movies (yes, I am a geek!) and only getting 5-6 hours of sleep before waking up this morning and rushing out the door to do Motor Meals. The volunteering gives me the feel good fuzzies but makes me wonder why the great city of Ann Arbor, MI does not plow the side roads. Messy!

And did you know that 2AM is social hour for deer? First there was the one I almost pegged while driving home last night after the movie marathon! Whew! It was a good thing I was going a little slower because of the blowing snow and even slower because it was very dark and my night vision is not the greatest. But that wasn't the only deer wandering the roads. I also discovered where the cool deer hangout is and it's a farm field just around the corner from my house. How do I know it is the cool spot? 'Cause there were dozens of them!!! And I think they know my Jeep because they sure aren't afraid of it!

However, not all of my time was preoccupied with avoiding deer over the last few days. I also needed to finish some swaps and get them out in the mail on Friday. Sigh... I am such the swap player. I (gasp) joined a second group and this is for that one. I feel like I am playing the field and double-dating at the moment (and we won't talk about that other group I met last month). He he... Danielle is a bad swap girl! But what do you think? Aren't they pretty? And they are using the new One of a Kind stamp set.

The main flower was stamped three times. Once on Sahara Sand (the base layer), again on Pretty in Pink (the middle layer) and finally on Regal Rose (the top layer). Trimming the flowers was actually a little easier than it looks because of the nice thick black lines of the image. As long as I cut into the black line I was happy. I didn't worry about getting an extremely consistent trim. I also added some paper piercing to the center of the flower for a little extra texture.

It doesn't show up very well in the pictures but the very pale band of pink paper is the Berry Bliss Designer paper. Also the Pretty in Pink layer was stamped with the Sanded background stamp in the same color to add a little texture.

P.S. For the peeps attending one of my classes next weekend a slightly different (colors) version of this card will be one of the projects that everyone will be making.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: One of a Kind, Sanded background. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Sahara Sand, Berry Bliss Designer paper. Ink: Black StazOn, Regal Rose Classic, Pretty in Pink Classic, Chocolate Chip Classic. Other: Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon, vintage brads, mat pack, paper piercer, ticket corner punch, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge.

*** Edited: fixed a weird link thing that was hanging out in the middle of the post.

8 comments:

  1. what a GORGEOUS card, wish I was part of this swap!! wonderful detail and that flowers just POPS off the card!! wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. The center flower is extremely gorgeous.
    heather fro Atlantic Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the black edges on the bloom. it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and pink combo. The flower in the middle is gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. The color combination is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Danielle, THANK YOU!! I have this set and have not been able to do ANYTHING with it that I like!! This is BEEEEutiful and now I'm anxious to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you were able to avoid the deer! We have them here in New Jersey too, but we also have to watch out for black bears in our yard and in the road--not easy to see at night!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)