Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Paper Pretties Wednesday

Guess what I got in the mail a couple of days ago? The latest stamps released by Paper Pretties. :) I finally had a chance tonight to sit down and ink 'em up. Yay!

This card uses the showy Wade E. Bug stamp set and well... I had to use glitter since he's all about making a splash as he parties it up at all of the swank clubs and VIP parties. He's such a show off! I love that sentiment and I think it will be perfect to send to friends and family as a congrats card when they accomplish something coolio or buy something flashy like an awesome new car!

Notes: Wade E. Bug was colored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a blender pen. Except for the red of his bow tie, cape and antenna doodads, I colored those with a Real Red marker and then coated with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. A touch of glitter was also added to the top hat. The scalloped edge on the bottom of the pink designer paper was created with the small corner round and a little piercing was added to each scallop. All layers also had Chocolate Chip Classic ink sponged on the edges. Ain't he just the cutest bug? This from someone who is anti-bug... especially after (oh I'm squirming just thinking about it) a Japanese Beetle fell down into my shirt while I was staining the deck! The horrors... but Wade E. would never do anything like that... I hope...

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Wade E. Bug. Paper: Real Red, Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Whisper White, Basic Grey 6"x6" Infuse pad. Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic, Palette Hybrid Black, Real Red marker. Other: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, blender pen, Lemon Atyou Copic pen, Striped Ribbon (American Crafts), Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Sakura Quickie Glue pen, small corner rounder, paper piercer, mat pack, Stampin' dimensionals, small clear crystal brads, sponge.

P.S. Have you seen my counter? I can't believe it has reached 25000 hits! Wow, I really appreciate all of you that visit my blog and check out what I have been working on. I also delight in each and every comment that you post... so keep 'em coming! So you know what this means right? In the next few days I'll be posting a little something something (aka blog candy) to show my appreciation. Why am I making you wait? 'Cause my stamp room is to put it simply a mess and I have to rescue the something something from the masses of stamp stuff overflowing everywhere and then take a pic to post. Yup... I am soooo organized! :)

7 comments:

  1. 25,000!!! WOW!! That card is CUTE! The little bug....he is so goofy and really puts a smile on my face :) So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! Perfect ribbon and paper choices for the stamp. great layout, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bug is adorable! Love your dp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card and the sentiment too! I know what it means to have to put off something fun ... my hubby told me I can't stamp anymore till I find the floor! It's funny -- I have 2 tables but still always find myself kneeling down and working on the floor! No wonder it's a mess in that room! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Way super cute. Isn't he so fun to work with!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)