Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Paper Pretties Wednesday

On Monday when Stampin in my Jammies at the Paper Pretties party I made this fun card featuring Wade E. Bug for the layout challenge. I just really like this stamp... especially coloring him in funky and fun colors! :)

Notes: Wade E. Bug was stamped in Brilliance Archival Graphite Black ink on Confetti White cardstock. To quicken the drying time I used my Heat Tool. The ink would have dried on its own in a few minutes but I'm not that patient. I then used a blender pen and Classic ink pads to color Wade. The image was matted on Really Rust and two small Chocolate Chip punch outs were folded around the left edge and were attached with gold brads. The next layer is Blue Bayou whose right edge was scalloped with the small corner rounder. Each scallop was pierced once with a paper piercer. Wade was adhered to this layer with dimensionals. The card base is an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of Blue Bayou cardstock. A piece of designer paper was matted on Really Rust before knotting a couple pieces of ribbon and adhering to the card base. A few more dimensionals and the card was complete. I don't even know why I list dimensionals in my recipes any more... I should just put a big notice somewhere on my blog: "All projects require bookoos of dimensionals!". :)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Wade E. Bug. Paper: Blue Bayou, ReallyRust, Chcolate Chip, Confetti White, Vintage Carnival Designer (Bo Bunny Press). Ink: Archival Brilliance Graphite Black, Creamy Caramel Classic, Close to Cocoa Classic, Blue Bayou Classic, Ruby Red Classic, Bravo Burgundy Classic. Other: Atyou Spica pens in gold and black, gold brads, May Arts ribbon, small corner rounder, small oval punch, paper piercer, Stampin' dimensionals, blender pen, sponge.

3 comments:

  1. WOW, Danielle! Wade looks wonderful ... those are fantastic colors you've used! Great scallop border too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)