Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sneak Peek and a Little News

What have I been doing? Not crafting! Instead I've been shopping for a new cell phone. You would think this would be an easy task but I just happen to live in the Black Hole of Technology. DSL? Not at my house! Cable high-speed internet? Just in the last year or so! Cell phone service? Apparently only one company!

After much research and trial and error I am back with my original cell phone carrier and now have a Blackberry Pearl 8100... it is totally sweet but doesn't work... yet. I have to wait until tomorrow and see if the porting of my phone number worked. 'Cause I tried switching to another carrier (and wanted to keep my current number) but that didn't work (no signal at my house)... so my number was ported back and there was that whole canceling of my account when I tried switching. Needless to say, it's a complete mess but supposedly by tomorrow afternoon my new oh-so-beautiful-and-totally-awesome phone should actually be able to make and receive phone calls (snicker).

In the meantime here is a sneak peek at one of the new Stampin' Up! sets that will be available March 1st: Time for You. I like the card and the layout but the ribbon is a bit too distracting. If I did the card over I would use a yellow or cream colored ribbon (vanilla taffeta most likely). Other than that the card is cute. At least I think so, how about you?

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Time for You (Occasions Mini), Sprinkles. Paper: Bordering Blue, More Mustard, So Saffron, Shimmery White. Ink: Black StazOn, More Mustard Classic, Bordering Blue Classic, Regal Rose marker. Other: gold brads, blender pen, bluebird (retired) grosgrain ribbon, 1 3/8" circle punch, mat pack, paper piercer, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge.

Paper Pretties Sale:
Paper Pretties has reduced the prices in their Sale section even more! If you are looking for a good deal you can check them out here. They've also added some new American Crafts Easter ribbon to the Seasonal section. This ribbon is soooo pretty! Leave some of the dotted for me please! :)

Ann Arbor Jaycees Crop
When: Sunday, March 9th from 1-5PM
Where: Scrapbook Memories in Chelsea, MI
Cost: $5 (free for Ann Arbor Jaycees)
Guess where I will be hanging out on the 9th? At the big scrapbook store in Chelsea with my fellow Ann Arbor Jaycees and any other peeps that want to gather around while crafting the afternoon away. There will be some munchies, prizes and a good time for all! If you too would like to join in the fun, just click on the contact me link up there under my picture and shoot me an email with your name, phone number and email address. See you there! :)

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get my hands (and paper and inks) on that "Time for You" set! Nice job. Meanwhile, check out my bear video when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, Your card is GREAT, and I like the ribbon you used! I can relate with the cell phone issue ... I live in Metro Phoenix, but my home is surrounded by mountains. I can use my cell phone pretty much anywhere but my own home! Drives me CRAZY! My calls are constantly dropped! Hope you have better luck than I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Love the ribbon on the diagonal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just ordered this phone today - I am so excited to get it, I can't wait, my hubby has been bugging me for a while to get it - he is an IT guy!

    BTW love the card - sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the ribbon you used. the colors on your card are great. i think the center almost looks like leathery suade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I think the blue ribbon is the perfect choice!! Awesome design...slick and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)