Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunglasses are mandatory!

Put your shades on because I am about to post a very pink card! I made this one for the Stampin In Your Jammies party that is taking place in the Paper Pretties forum. In specific it is a color challenge to use light pink, vanilla and brown. I used a bit of vanilla, a tad of brown and a heaping of pink. What do you think, is it too much? :)

Here is an up close look at the background I created using the Faux Silk Technique. I stamped the hearts from Sealed with a Kiss multiple times in Archival Brilliance Graphite Black ink on tissue paper and then colored the hearts with a couple of pink markers. I also sponged a bit of Regal Rose all over the tissue paper to add even more color. I then crumpled the tissue paper and smoothed it back out before adhering it to a piece of Whisper White cardstock that I had run through my Zyron sticker maker machine. Very pink, no? But I wasn't finished! I layered the background on Chocolate Chip and added some faux stitching using the mat pack, paper piercer and a white gel pen.

This is what the finished card looks like after I added some ribbon, a sentiment and a couple of accent circles. I just have to note that I must have been in a two by two frame of mind when I made this card: two strips of ribbon, two circle accents and two brads on the edge of the sentiment. That wasn't my intention when I started the card but it worked out in the end!

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Sealed with a Kiss. Paper: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Very Vanilla. Ink: Archival Brilliance in Graphite Black, Regal Rose Classic, Pretty in Pink marker, Regal Rose marker. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, white gel pen, vintage brads, felt ribbon by Offray, pink textured ribbon by May Arts, tissue paper, Zyron sticker maker, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge.

7 comments:

  1. Ohh, I like it!! Hearts are my favorite shape and I love the pink, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too much pink! I love varying colors of pink in projects. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful! You can never have too much pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card & all it's pink! I never use to like pink that much but my daughter's favorite color is pink & it just grew on me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, it's February after all so you can never have too much pink! Adorable card for Valentine's day:) TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle, this card is so-o-o CUTE! Awesome job!

    (Check out my blog ... you've been given an Excellent Blogger award!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!!! This is super duper gorgeous!!!! Love all the pink in it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)