Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sweet Saturday

Whew! It has been a hectic last couple of days finishing up the prep work for my card classes this weekend... one today and one tomorrow! :) I haven't even been on the internet since yesterday afternoon... wow 24 hours away from the 'puter! I was starting to go through withdrawals, but now I'm back (while I wait for a project to dry).

I am working on a couple of projects but they are not finished, so instead I thought I would share another card that all of the attendees of my classes this weekend will/have made. This one is a super simple and sweet card... the layout and colors would also be perfect for a baby card.

Quick notes: all layers had Soft Sky Classic ink sponged along the edges. Soft Sky designer paper was matted on cardstock of the same color. A piece of River Rock ribbon was tied around the layers and then the before adhering them to a Sahara Sand card base. A sentiment from It's Your Birthday was stamped on Whisper White and punched out with a 1 3/8" circle punch and matted on a Soft Sky scalloped circle before adhering to a chipboard star with dimensionals. The star was also adhered to the card base with dimensionals. To finish the card, the "Happy Birthday" from It's Your Brithday was stamped on the bottom.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: It's Your Birthday. Paper: Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Soft Sky Designer. Ink: Black StazOn, Soft Sky Classic. Other: On Board Simon Upper chipboard, Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, River Rock double-stitched ribbon, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge.

5 comments:

  1. so cute, love the star with a circle in the middle, very creative !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful layout! Love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, great stuff Danielle!! love the layout, and the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)