Monday, February 4, 2008

A Bit of Window Shopping

What would you do with an extra $500? I was asking myself this question while pondering the proposed Economic Stimulus Plan. You know... counting my chickens before they hatch and all that. I was a little surprised but I apparently have quite the wish list... here are a few of the things on it:

Copic Markers: I have been drooling over these for quite some time. Will they make my coloring any better? Well, there is only one way to find out and that is to try them (and practice)! Of course there is the additional question of which ones to get and how many.

Nestabilities: I really really like scallops and these little dies are so compact and space saving (bonus!).

New Cuttlebug Embossing Folders: Alrighty, I'll be honest... I'm probably not going to wait a couple of months to pick up a few of these. The Paisley and Swiss Dots are just begging to be united with the rest of my Cuttlebug collection.

Plastic Containers: yup, I'm addicted to organizing my supplies so you can bet that there will be a couple of plastic containers on my wish list.

Light Box: I'm at the mercy of my current lighting situation which basically is a piece of foam board cut in half and a little Ott-lite lamp. Plus, I'm a night owl and usually take pictures after the sun has set... needless to say I'm looking for a solution that will provide more reliable results.

Stampin' Up!: C'mon, you know I still have a ton of stuff on my wish list! Like the Schoolbook Serif Alphabet, Priceless (I can't believe I don't have this set yet!), more glitter, some of those cool duo beads and maybe a little bit of ribbon.

Chocolate: to keep my energy up while shopping! :)

Okay, so my list is a little long... but hey, it's more fun than shopping for new tires for the Jeep! Which is what I will be doing with a portion of my income tax refund... woo hoo (insert copious amounts of sarcasm here).

Of course you didn't come here to read about my shopping habits (I window shop a lot!), so I better quit stalling and show you one of my latest creations: another bird card! But this time I used the A Little Birdie Told Me stamp set so that makes it totally different from yesterday's post. :)

Quick notes: Card base is a 4 1/4" x 8 1/2" piece of Night of Navy cardstock folded in half. I colored the bird and hats with my Stampin' Up! markers. The hats were cut out and adhered to a round tab punch with Stampin' dimensionals. Hmmm... the rest should be self-explanatory but drop me a line if you have any questions. For those of you attending my class on February 17th this will be one of the projects!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me, Itty Bitty Backgrounds. Paper: Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss, Whisper White. Ink: Black StazOn, Bashful Blue, Mellow Moss, Bashful Blue marker, Pumpkin Pie marker, Night of Navy marker, Bordering Blue marker, Mellow Moss marker. Other: Round Tab punch, small oval punch, Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' dimensionals.

11 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Your little trick with the punched out oval for the "shadow" is brilliant...

    I sure hope that "economic stimulus" comes into play... you will kick some serious butt with those copics, i'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love what you did with the hats.
    Dawn B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! I just got this set in yesterday and you'll be pleased to know it's all your fault with your awesome cards you've done with this set:) Prioritize your wishlist beginning first with new tires, then reward your self girlfriend!! SU of course then copics!! TFS:) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are fabulous at coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you... I'll take some Nestabilities right away, please! Cute card... love the hats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is ditto on the wish list. It's fun to dream! Very nice card too! darlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute card as usual! I'm with you, I'd just about have the same window shopping list! although I do have one set of copics & 2 nestablities already

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the wish list.

    The card is adorable. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What copic marker colors would you choose? I am looking at these and hoping for a windfall of money.... but can't figure out what I should start with. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My wish list looks a lot like yours! Just wanted to pop in and say how much I love your card! Colors and coloring are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have two things in common, actually three, if you count the most important one - love to stamp and create- I, too, want a set of copic markers and the nestabilities.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)