Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Window Into My... Card

I've been wanting to play with the new Sale-a-bration Love and Happiness rub-ons... and I did tonight! I decided to make a cute shaker card to showcase how you can use rub-ons on slick surfaces such as acetate (aka transparencies). I really like how this card turned out... and it is very blue! Bonus!!! :)

Some sort of step-by-step notes (pics would be better but it is late... maybe next time):
1.) Apply a rub-on to a piece of Aectate.
2.) Punch opening in a piece of Bashful Blue cardstock with 1 3/8" square punch. I punched multiple times.
3.) Adhere acetate to back of Bashful Blue cardstock.
4.) Optional: Add paper piercing, ribbon and brads.
5.) Optional: cut a piece of Night of Navy cardstock slightly larger than Bashful Blue cardstock, cut a window in this layer too (although it doesn't have to be perfect since it won't be seen if ya know what I mean). Adhere the two layers together.
6.) Optional: Apply rub-on to white cardstock, cut out and attach to shaker front.
7.) On the back of the shaker front build some walls using Scotch Foam Mounting Tape (or similar product). I did two layers since I was going to use some bulky beads. Make sure the "walls" completely surround the window and that there are no cracks or openings, otherwise all the beads will leak out and then you have an empty shaker and a mess everywhere. :(
8.) Fill shaker with beads
9.) Cut piece of white cardstock slightly smaller than Bashful Blue cardstock layer and apply to back of shaker box to close the whole thing up.
10.) Adhere shaker box to cardbase. I added a some stamping, matting and ribbon to my cardbase before adding the box.
11.) SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!

Other notes: used the slot punch to cut a little opening on the left side of the card base to thread the ribbon through. Edges of Bordering Blue layer were sponged with the same color of ink.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Sprinkles. Paper: Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, Bashful Blue, Whisper White. Ink: Bashful Blue, Bordering Blue. Other: Love and Happiness rub-ons, mat pack, paper piercer, vintage brads (black), Bashful Blue striped ribbon, Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon, Scotch Foam Mounting Tape, sponge, acetate, Blue Duo beads, 1 3/8" square punch, slot punch.

In other news: my new Blackberry Pearl cell phone is now able to make calls, receive calls and connect to the internet. I LOVE it! Never thought I would say that about a cell phone. :)

25 comments:

  1. I love this! A brilliant idea for using rub ons and stunning, as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love the idea of the beads in a shaker card! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I am going to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Danielle, this is AWESOME! What a super smart idea to use the rub-ons in this way. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. This is absolutely lovely! You are so talented!! You are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. is this ever beautiful !!!!!
    great technique and definition, danielle
    tfs,
    chat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card!! Have been wanting to try this technigue I now know I will definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous, thanks so much for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoodness this is beautiful!! I never thought of doing shaker cards with rub-ons. Love it!!
    Glad to hear you phone is working:) FYI -did you know Blackberry's were created/made by a company in Kitchener, ON (2hrs from me!)
    TFS Danielle:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Love this card, love the idea, love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! It's awesome! btw, I love my BB Pearl, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card - absolutely stunning - thank you for sharing your technique

    ReplyDelete
  13. great job! i love the shakers. the piercing looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is FABULOUS! Love shaker cards and yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. soooper dooooper cute! love the blue too!

    erin mcmilon

    ReplyDelete
  16. BRILLIANT! you are pure genious!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just gotta CASE this card - I love it! Fabulous idea about the rubons and acetate.

    ReplyDelete
  18. AWESOME CARD! WOW! This is a great idea! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooh! So pretty. What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo, I jsut love this card. Everything you do is right up my ally. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous, Awesome, love the way
    used the rub-ons. TFS

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome Card. I love it. I haven't done a shaker card for soooo long and I really am excited about doing one with the new coloured microbeads!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your shaker card, the colors are great, the rub ons, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! I love this fabulous idea- the shaker is a great way to showcase the awesome beads, and putting a rub-on over it- you are brilliant!! Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)