Thursday, February 21, 2008

WSC #35: A Sweety Bird

I finally got a chance to upload this pretty card that I made for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I've been buried under cardstock, glue, little Stampin' dimensional papers and ribbon while working on some swaps but finally I can see the light at the end of the stamping tunnel! I'm almost done... with this batch at least! However if I ever say I am going to watercolor 40 images again someone has to take my blender pen away and thump some sense into me. :)

Enough of the whining and onto my lovely card. I really like this card, can you tell? Even though it is actually a rather simple card. The only trick I did was to stamp the bird from Always in Regal Rose on Whisper White, cut out and then sponge the edges with more Regal Rose. Then I just had to add some background stamping, a bit of sponging, a teeny touch of ribbon and a couple of jumbo eyelets (love 'em) to finish the card. Oh and an itty bitty rhinestone sticker by K&Company for the eye of the bird. I can see you... well, no not really but that is what the bird is thinking.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Always, Pretty Petals Background. Paper: River Rock, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White. Ink: Regal Rose, Old Olive, Black StazOn. Other: Antique Brass jumbo eyelets, rhinestone from K&Co, Sherbet Ribbon Originals, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge.

9 comments:

  1. I love it!!! This stamp set is on my wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Beautiful!! Love your colors and stamp choices together. I have been himming and hawing about Pretty Petals bkgrd stamp - you just had to go and use it didn't you, LOL. TFS:) Have a great wknd Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love those jumbo eyelets and that bird was meant to be pink, I can see that now! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Love the colors! I also love those jumbo eyelets...can you believe I have them and NEVER used them? I have to find something to use them on today! Great blog! I read it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle, This card is so pretty! These are some of my favorite colors and the bird does look beautiful in the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sheezzzzeee...you are at it AGAIN! Awesome card! I want that stamp set too. But what set DON'T I want! hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love it! That sponging looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danielle I LOVE this card! It is SO pretty! Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that card, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)