Friday, February 1, 2008

WSC33: Sweet Sophia's Posing for the Camera

I've had the idea for a while to do a photo strip of Sopia (from the Need a Cuddle stamp set by Paper Pretties) posing with her favorite teddy bear. But did I sit down and make the card? No, of course not! It took the perfect sketch challenge to motivate me! :) Yup, Beate has posted another awesome Weekend Sketch Challenge which I recommend that you check out (or just browse her blog... she posts the most amazing cards!).

I also copied Beate's card dimensions and made my card big... well at least bigger than normal for me. A whopping 4" by 8 1/2" cardbase! Yikes! However it does fit in a normal business sized envelope which I just happen to have a big box.

On to the notes: Sweet Sophia from Need a Cuddle was stamped two times in Ranger Jet Black Archival ink on Naturals White cardstock. From what I have read you should avoid using StazOn on acrylic stamps. Why? Because the StazOn Cleaner can be a bit rough on the acrylic. Which means I needed to try a different black ink... thought I would give the Ranger Archival ink a try and see how well it held up to watercoloring with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a blender pen. Seems to have worked, although I should have probably give it more time to dry because there was a tiny bit of smearing. After coloring both images I added a bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter, adhered with a Sakura Quickie Glue Pen. From one image the feet and head were punched and from the second the teddy bear was punched (1 1/4" square punch). The three images were layered on 1 3/8" squares of Old Olive before being adhered to a Chocolate Chip panel with Stampin' dimensionals.

Other little notes: I distressed the edges of Sophia's Chocolate Chip background with the distressing tool. I also roughed up the edges of the Outlaw Designer paper (I'm so sad this paper was retired). The Chocolate Chip layers were not standing out from the Bravo Burgundy card base enough so I sponged a little Whisper White Craft ink onto both pieces with a sponge. Did the same with the Bravo Burgundy circles upon which a Felt Fusion flower and silver vintage brad were added. Some ribbon, a Friend tag and paper piercing were added to finish up the card.

I really like how this card turned out! It's a little vintage-y and a bit distressed but oh so sweet! Nothing like the perfect sketch to make a perfect card with!

Images copyright Paper Pretties, Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Need a Cuddle (Paper Pretties), Fundamental Phrases. Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Sage Shadow, Naturals White, Outlaw Designer (retired). Ink: Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink, Whisper White Craft. Tools: 3/4" circle punch, 1 1/4" square punch, 1 3/8" square punch, small oval punch, mat pack, paper piercer, blender pen, sponge, sharp scissors. Accessories: Watercolor Wonder crayons, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Sakura Quickie Glue Pen, Linen Thread, Kraft taffeta ribbon, Felt Fusion flowers, vintage brads, Stampin' dimensionals.

7 comments:

  1. This is just the cutest card!! I love that stamp set - and your coloring is amazing!! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool way to use this sketch. I love how use used it like a photo strip. great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this Danielle. Your creativity always wows me - I would have never thought of doing something like this! Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, your card is gorgeous, like always! I love the colors, the use of the new felt flowers, the gorgeous Sophia stamp, the paper piercing....beautiful card!

    Thanks so much for your kind words and for playing with the sketch!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love it:)
    Enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your film strip version of Sophia! GREAT vintage look! Way to go, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)