Tuesday, March 11, 2008

BIC4: Something Exciting

Guess what? What, you haven't a clue? Beate from Fresh & Fun and SplitCoastStampers fame has asked little ole me to be one of her Inspiration Team! She has started posting a cool Be Inspired Challenge on her blog every Tuesday morning, which I highly recommend you check out. The only rule is to let the inspiration piece... well... inspire you, whether it is the colors, layout or anything about the picture really. Also, if you do participate make sure to link your creation back to her blog in the comments section on the inspiration challenge post so everyone else can see it (or post to Split Coast Stampers with the keyword BIC4).

This week's challenge is a picture of a colorful cutting board and right off the bat I knew I had to use the following color combo: Soft Sky, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip and Sahara Sand. Now this is a combo that I wouldn't have thought of but I really really like. I also decided to pull the layout of the board into my card, although I did switch the colors around and add some additions layers. Oh, and some embossing, ribbon, paper piercing... you get the idea. :)

Notes: Card base is a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock folded in half. Layered 0n top of that is a 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" piece of Ruby Red (sponge edges in same color) and a 4" x 4" piece of Sahara Sand (round corners and sponge edges with Chocolate Chip). The next layer is a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Soft Sky Designer paper that has been folded over, corners rounded, sponged with Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip, paper pierced and finished off with three brads.

For the next layers I stamped Ruby Red and Soft Sky pieces in Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of Sahara Sand cardstock with Black StazOn. Each piece was sponged with it's coordinating color of ink, paper pierced and matted on Chocolate Chip after the corners were rounded. A piece of ribbon was knotted around the piece before adhering to the card base with dimensionals. To finish the card, a heart was stamped in Close to Cocoa Craft ink on Naturals White cardstock and heat embossed with more clear embossing powder. I trimmed the heart and sponged it with a bit of Sahara Sand and Chocolate Chip before adhering to the card with more dimensionals.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Always. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Sahara Sand, Soft Sky, Naturals White, Soft Sky Designer. Ink: Black StazOn, Soft Sky Classic, Ruby Red Classic, Chocolate Chip Classic, Sahara Sand Classic, Close to Cocoa Craft, VersaMark. Other: Clear Embossing powder, heat tool, Vintage brads, Chocolate Chip Taffeta ribbon, mat pack, paper piercer, sponge, Stampin' dimensionals.

If you are wondering I did almost fall off my couch when I received Beate's email asking me to participate, but luckily my yoga skills kicked in and I managed to recover my balance. Either that or it was the gravitational pull between one large object and another not quite as large object that kept me in my seat. :) Also, the other talented ladies on the team are: Charmaine Ikach (a fellow Pretty Girl), Dawn McVey (hiya Great Swapper!), Jenn Balcer (General Manager of SplitCoastStampers), Silke Ledlow and Susan Roberts. I wasn't familiar with the last two bloggers but I'll be adding them to my list of peeps to stalk! Can't wait to see what you create ladies!

17 comments:

  1. First my Jaw dropped to the floor because your sample is fantastic and has so many amazing details. Then I almost fell off my chair laughing so hard. It might be dangerous to my health to have you on the Inspiration team. LOL
    I am sooo excited you said yes! Thanks so much!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card, Danielle! LOVE it! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What an amazing card! Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty!! Great job with the inspiration piece. And congrats on your great news! You are SO deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning. Oh, I just love it. Congratulaitons on being asked to be on the inspiration team, you're so deserving! You know I just LOVE everything you make!

    I'm going to break this set back out and put it to use, it is one of my favorites, but a little neglected!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! I love the colors, never would have thought they would look sooooo good together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Danielle. I love the direction you went with this- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Danielle - I am amazed at what you came up with!!! What beautiful layers, and the ALWAYS set is one of my favorites. Gorgeous inspiration card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Danielle that's so exciting for you!! Wonderful! and your card is just amazing - great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!!Love what you did with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Stunning! Wonderful! and lucky you to play in Beate's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura (scrapnextras)March 11, 2008 at 7:40 PM

    Gorgeous Danielle! Love split design and the use of Always! Wonderful layout and details. Congrats on being added to Beate's team!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! That is really beautiful! And congrats on being on Beate's team! You deserve it - you're one of the Stampin' "Big Girls" now! :) Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I already saw you were! how cool is that?! I LOVE your card, as usual-totally not surprised she asked you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beauty. I love the techniek you used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. THAT is fabulous! I love it! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! You amaze me! How do you stay so inspired to do these amazing cards?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)