Monday, March 24, 2008

Glitter Makes for Happy Hearts

I'd be happy as a clam if Spring were here! :) I am so ready for warmer weather and no more snow. Of course it doesn't help that I I'm impatient to wear some new sandals and a few lighter shirts that I just bought. I'm looking forward to packing away the winter clothes and bringing out the Spring/Summer ones! :) In the meantime I can think warm thoughts and make fun non-wintery cards like this glittery heart card.

Quick notes: chipboard hearts were inked with Ballet Blue Craft ink, coated with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heat set. Sentiment is from the Many Happy Returns set (which I cut apart). All layers were sponged with Old Olive Classic ink. Card base is 4 1/4" x 5 1/4"... I ummm... incorrectly measured one of the layers so had to adjust the card base. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Sweet Celebrations, Many Happy Returns. Paper: Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, Bali Breeze Designer. Ink: Old Olive Clssic, Black StazOn, Ballet Blue Craft. Other: Iridescent Ice embossing powder, heat tool, vintage brads, On Board Accents, mat pack, paper piercer, small corner rounder, word window punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, sponge, Stampin' dimensionals.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. I love your colorcombo. The blue and the green matches so well. Great LO. Hugs Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Especially the hearts on the sentiment circle, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, love the colors and glitter... and this evening, i'm totally packing up the winter sweaters and pulling out the lighter wear! Jealous? hee hee....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, Danielle! I love the colors, the paper piercing, the glitter on your chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I would have never thought to do that! Now I'm gonna have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty - love the color combo, and love pretty much anything glitter-fied! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)