Thursday, March 27, 2008

Howdy, I've Lassoed Myself a Fun New Set!

One of my friends that I have known since kindergarten is a huge fan of horses and actually owns a couple of them. When I saw this set by MFT I knew I HAD to buy it just to make a card or two for her!!! Well, and maybe a couple for myself to hoard but that's another story. Anyways, this is the first card that I've created with the set but it won't be the last! :)

The main image was stamped twice, once on Naturals Ivory and a second time on Rose Red Designer paper. The skirt was cut out from the Rose Red, sponged with Chocolate Chip and adhered to the ivory copy. The rest of the image was colored with markers and the rope was covered with hemp twine (I saw this on a bunch of samples made by other awesome stampers!!!).

The sentiment was stamped on Naturals Ivory cardstock and punched out with the small oval punch. I punched a small circle from Old Olive and used the Designer label to punch out a label from River Rock (which I then paper pierced). The green circle was adhered directly on the label and then the oval was added with dimensionals.

For the background a scalloped border was punched from Chocolate Chip cardstock and adhered behind a mat of Close to Cocoa designer paper that had been paper pierced. On this layer a piece of Very Vanilla taffeta was knotted and three brads were added before first matting on Old Olive and then adhering to a Rose Red card base. To finish the sentiment and main image were adhered with dimensionals. Just a note: all layers of the card were sponged with Chocolate Chip Classic ink.

P.S. The ribbon really doesn't look this funky... it was just squashed a bit in transport and I didn't notice when taking the pictures. It really does look much better in person. :)

All images copyright MFT. Stamps: Ride 'em Cowgirl. Paper: Rose Red, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Naturals Ivory, Close to Cocoa Designer, Rose Red Designer. Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip Classic, Old Olive marker, Always Artichoke marker, Blush Blossom marker, Creamy Caramel marker, Close to Cocoa marker, Chocolate Chip marker. Other: Designer Label punch, 1" circle punch, small oval punch, corner rounder, mat pack, paper piercer, Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, dimensionals, sponge, hemp twine.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, I just found your blog via SCS and love your work!! I love this set and it would totally go with our lifestyle...I just may need it:-) Great job:-)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! I have had my eye on this stamp set and I am not sure how much longer I can hold out : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it...the colors work great together and it's an all around fun card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Danielle! I just got this set too and it's so fun! Love what you did with the lasso!!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way COOL card!! Love your colors. I enjoy your blog and creative ideas... Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle, I love your work!!!
    Simply stunning:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER CUTE!!! I see you have been staying up and stamping -- who needs sleep....right?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely FANTASTIC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)