Monday, March 17, 2008

Mojo28: Flowers and Cake in One

I'm always behind on my sketch challenges, including this one from Poetic Artistry that was posted last Monday. LOL! :) For this card I used the You Take the Cake stamp set by My Favorite Things. I actually picked this set up last week when I purchased the newly released Ride 'em Cowgirl stamp set that I just had to have. Have I used that gotta have set yet? Nope, instead I've made not one but two cards with the birthday set I bought just to bump my order up to $40 to receive free shipping. But I will use the cowgirl set soon... maybe... perhaps...

Quick notes: Stamp cake from My Favorite Thing's You Take the Cake stamp set and color with markers. Highlight flowers and candles with a Clear Copic Spica AtYou pen. Finish card with a lot of paper punching and piercing and with a little sponging on the side.

All images copyright MFT. Stamps: You Take the Cake. Paper: Mellow Moss, Old Olive, Regal Rose textured, Rose Red, River Rock watercolor. Ink: Archival Brilliance Graphite, Rose Red Classic, Old Olive Classic, Old Olive marker, Regal Rose marker, Rose Red marker, Pale Plum marker, Mellow Moss marker, Apricot Appeal marker, Clear Copic Spica AtYou pen. Other: mat pack, paper piercer, River Rock double-stitched ribbon, sponge, Stampin' dimensionals, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Coluzzle cutting system and oval template, vintage brads (silver).

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card as always Danielle! I love the paper piercing on this one...it adds such nice texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ATTENTION ALL STAMPERS!! Fat Cat Stamper has done it again!! She has created yet another masterpiece!! LOL I'm serious!! You are one of the best stampers! Tell me your seceret! Do you like put your ideas into some sort of computer program you wrote and process it and then it just pops out a message on your screen that says "masterpiece" YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle- this is just beautiful. & I TOTALLY AGREE WITH LORI's comment!!!! Love it and I hope you don't mind, I plan on casing it. FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)