Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Paper Pretties Wednesday

Are you ready for a very soft and pretty card? I thought you were! :) I have to admit I really love the soft shades of this designer paper by My Mind's Eye that I picked up sometime last year. I bought it for a project that I never ended up making, so I swiped it for this card. :)

Quick notes: card base is a 4" x 12" piece of Regal Rose textured cardstock, scored at 4" and 8." In the middle section a window was cut. Next a slightly larger window was cut from a 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" square of designer paper. Paper piercing was added around the window and the outside edge. I also highlighted each piercing with the clear Copic Spica AtYou pen before adhering the designer paper to the card base (make sure the windows line up). Ribbon was then knotted around the middle section and a sentiment was added with brads. The flowers were stamped on Shimmery White cardstock, watercolored and highlighted with Copic Spica AtYou pens before adhering to the back of the right section of the cardbase. Make sure the flowers line up with the window on the middle section. To finish off the backs of the right and middle sections were glued together. This makes the inside of the card all pretty. :)

If it helps, I have drawn up a little sketch for those who prefer a visual aid.

Here is a close up of the flowers so you can see all of the wonderful shimmer and glitter that I embellished the card with.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Look Who's Perky, Sealed with a Kiss. Paper: Regal Rose Textured, Shimmery White, So Saffron, Tres Jolie Designer by My Mind's Eye. In: Black StazOn, Regal Rose Classic, Wild Wasabi Classic, Other: Sheer yellow organdy (American Crafts), Apricot Appeal grosgrain, gold brads, mat pack, paper piercer, clear and orange Copic Spica AtYou pens, distressing tool, craft knife, ruler.

2 comments:

  1. denise/geekgirl415March 12, 2008 at 3:25 PM

    Oh wow! What a fun card fold! I am definitely going to try this... and MyMindsEye is AWESOME!

    I tagged you- 7 random things- on my blog- play if you want, or maybe your cat wants to play- but no obligation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same paper from about a year ago, what a cool idea!!!!
    How creative, and just adorable.
    I just may swipe the idea....tee hee hee
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)