Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Paper Pretties Wednesday

I feel pretty... oh so pretty! That is what the lady in this card is thinking as she prepares to be smooched by her honey (he he)! :)

Quick notes: I dabbed a bit of Frosted Lace Stickles on the Two Scoops Designer paper and smeared with my finger. To speed up the drying time I zapped the paper with my Heat Tool. I really wanted some glittery designer paper and that was my way of making it. The only downside is that the Stickles caused the paper to buckle a bit. If I did this technique again I would completely coat the back of the paper with adhesive (can you say Zyron machine!) and then layer it on the cardstock to reduce the buckles.

The main image was colored with Classic inks and a blender pen. Stickles were added to the head band and belt and a white gel pen was used to highlight the pearls. This was actually a quick card although I did need to wash my hands after the messy Stickles step. :)

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Sealed With a Kiss. Paper: Bashful Blue, Blue Bayou, Naturals White, Two Scoops Designer (Basic Grey). Ink: Archival Brilliance Graphite, Basic Gray Classic, Blue Bayou Classic, Bashful Blue Classic, Creamy Caramel Classic, Close to Cocoa Classic, Summer Sun Classic. Other: Black Organdy w/White Dots ribbon (May Arts), Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon, black brads, small corner rounder, Stampin' dimensionals, Frosted Lace Stickles (Ranger), white gel pen, blender pen.

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Danielle!! I love that song - I sing that a lot - lol!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)