This is a quick and easy card for the latest sketch challenge on Split Coast Stampers which you can see here. I paired the apple from Tart and Tangy and the apple-y sentiment from One Smart Cookie. Hmmm... after all this talk of apples a nice warm slice of apple pie is sounding good. Rats, no apples in the house!
Quick notes: the apple stamp from Tart and Tangy was colored with markers and then stamped on Whisper White cardstock. The designer paper was sponged with Real Red classic ink and paper pierced. The Always Artichoke scalloped circle was also sponged but with Always Artichoke Classic ink. The sentiment is from One Smart Cookie... I did smurf it a bit when stamping but hopefully not too much! :)
All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Tart and Tangy, One Smart Cookie. Paper: Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Real Red, Whisper White, Cutie Pie Designer. Ink: Real Red Classic, Always Artichoke Classic, Black StazOn, Chocolate Chip marker, Always Artichoke marker, Real Red marker, Mellow Moss marker. Other: Kraft Taffeta ribbon, mat pack, paper piercer, sponge, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, Stampin' dimensionals.
I've been tagged by a few blogging friends over the last several weeks. Yes it has taken me a while to organize my thoughts and respond. :) But the first one wasn't totally my fault. Yahoo has been spamming a lot of my incoming emails lately and I had to go and dig this one out of the spam box. And sometimes it isn't easy finding the good messages amid the offers for Viagra and all the notices of winning the lotto (don't I wish!).
First off, Monique from Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust tagged me a while ago with the following questions:
1. Stamping Style: I have an identity crisis when it comes to stamping... I can't pick just one style.
2. Inspiration: challenges, other blogs, magazines, clothes... just about everything in sight
3. Color: I love blues and browns!
4. Work space: I converted one of the bedrooms in my house into a crafting area... sort of. I need to reorganize it at some point but that would mean taking a break in stamping. Yikes!
5. Perfect Day: the day I actually accomplish everything I wanted to do! That doesn't happen very often :)
6. First Job: in the gift shop at Soo Locks Boat Tours.
7. Dream: people actually remember their dreams when they wake up
8. Ink: Stampin' Up! Classic ink and I love Black StazOn for images I'm going to watercolor. I do want to try the Copic markers.
9. Family: Mom, dad, brothers, sisters-in-law, niece, nephew and 2 fat cats
10. Beverage: hot chocolate!
11. Biggest Challenge: Getting all my chores done... there is a reason they are called chores! :)
Then Beth from Stampinsanity and Denise from Geekgirl's Random Ramblings have both tagged me with the fun game of sharing seven random things about myself. Technically I should share 14 things since I've been tagged twice but well if I do that then I won't have anything to share the next time!
1.) I'm super excited about attending the Great Lakes Mega Meet in Novi on May 9th. Although I am afraid to bring my credit cards since I'll be hanging out with some big-time enablers.
2.) I like saltine crackers with peanut butter and pickle slices. Truly, it tastes great and it's a family recipe.
3.) I hate cleaning the bathroom. I'm procrastinating that right now as I type. :)
4.) Love my new Blackberry Pearl cell phone. Never thought I would say that about a phone.
5.) Love to read, but haven't been doing that as much because I also love to stamp.
6.) I keep paying for cable so I can get the Sci Fi Channel.
7.) My favorite cereal is Lucky Charms... they're my guilty pleasure. :)
I guess I should tag some other people, however #7 just above has distracted me. I'm off to find my box of Lucky Charms and I'll type at you later! :)