Tuesday, March 18, 2008

TLC 160: Where oh where did my stamps go?

I'm in shock... I didn't use a single stamp while making this card! That wasn't my intention when I started this card but you know how projects can take on a life of their own. :) Especially when you sit down and the only criteria that you have is that the card use the latest technique challenge posted to Split Coast Stampers: Cuttlebug - The Negative Effect . Which ended up being very easy and fun. Not sure how easy it would have been if I didn't have a Cuttlebug though! ;)

Other notes: the letters are Vinyl Thickers by American Crafts (love 'em) and the sentiment is a rub-on from the A Perfect Day set available in the new Stampin' Up! Occasions Mini catalog. For the Cuttlebug technique I used Sage Shadow cardstock, Wild Wasabi Classic ink and the Traffic Jam embossing folder. About 3/4" of the bottom front of the card was cut off so that the back of the card peeks through and a scalloped edge was added with the small corner rounder.

Here's another angle of the card to show more of the embossing and the texture of the thickers.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Paper: Naturals White, Wild Wasabi, Sage Shadow, Tempting Turquoise. Ink: Wild Wasabi. Other: Vinyl Thickers and Aqua ribbon(American Crafts), A Perfect Day rub-ons, Cuttlebug machine and Traffic Jam embossing folder, small corner rounder, brayer.

2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, Danielle! I have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)