Sunday, March 30, 2008

Where oh where did it go?

My stamping mojo that is! Apparently it decided to take a vacation this weekend and it didn't even bother to tell me. How rude! And what does one do when the stamping mojo has gone bye-bye?

One: go out for dinner and a movie. I saw Bank Job which was really quite good, although I was slightly perplexed when I read the ticket stub and saw the R rating. I wasn't expecting that but well... after watching the movie I understand why. However like I said before it was very good, but I recommend that parents not take the little kiddos to see it!

Two: clean. I'm not explaining that one as it brings back bad memories.

Three: Be extremely lazy which involves wearing pajamas, watching TV and catching up on some reading. :)

Four: Chat on the phone for lengthy periods of time. Good news is that my mom is now thinking about coming down and attending the Novi Scrapbook Expo with me. "Coming down" refers to the act of driving from the U.P. of Michigan, over the Mackinaw Bridge and venturing into extreme troll land. "Troll" is an affectionate term that yoopers have for those that live under the bridge and "extreme" refers to the great distance I live from the bridge. Ya, I'm a displaced yooper. :)

Five: Typing this post... but you knew that one was coming!

Although I will admit that the mojo did make an appearance earlier this day and I actually made a card and half of another one. But I can't show it to you yet... it's for Tuesday and if you have been reading my blog the last couple of weeks you may now know what Tuesday means in Fat Cat Stamper blogland. :)

A post to my blog really does need a purpose so here is one of the scrapbook pages I made a couple of weeks ago and just haven't bothered to photograph until now. But hey, desperate times call for desperate measures which means dealing with a less than perfect setup for taking pictures of larger projects. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Sprinkles. Paper: Really Rust, Pretty in Pink, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, some designer paper I bought a really long time ago (aka... I don't know the source). Ink: Black Pen, Pretty in Pink. Other: paper piercer, mat pack, Chocolate Chip Wide grosgrain, pink rick rack (American Crafts), Felt Thickers (American Crafts), rub-ons (American Traditions), vintage brads, Antique Brass jumbo eyelets, hemp twine, Crop-a-dile.

Here is a close up so you can see the cool Felt Thickers. Also check out how I added an "Experience" rub-on to the picture. I did that for each of the small pictures and the complete phrase says "Experience of a lifetime." Oh yeah, that is me in the pink shirt and capris... I think I learned an important lesson about photography from this picture. Pictures look better from above than from below, unless you are far far away then it probably doesn't matter. My feet really aren't that big... really.

1 comment:

  1. Love the layout and rub ons on the pics- we'll be in Barcelona in October... can't wait!

    and i didn't notice any big feet... honest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)