Sunday, March 2, 2008

WSC37: It all started with a...

The brad, a perfect green polka-dot brad was the inspiration for this card. I know it sounds crazy but I just had to use one of these Amanda Blu brads that I just bought. It is so coolio! Next I picked a layout (Beate's awesome Weekend Sketch Challenge #37) and a stamp set (Sweet Celebrations) and sat down to create. Ribbon was cut and then discarded (not in the garbage but to the scrap jar), paper was stamped and then tossed (or flipped over), and much sponging was done before this card was completed. I think the final result is worth the fits it was giving me. :)

Notes on focal point: Main image from Sweet Celebrations was stamped twice, once on Whisper White and again on Bashful Blue. The white was punched with a 1" circle punch, the blue with the scallop circle punch before sponging with the same color and then both pieces were layered together with dimensionals. The fun green polka dot brad that inspired the card was poked through both layers and fastened in place. Next up was to stamp the journaling stamp on a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock and then layer on Basic Black. A piece of green ric rac ribbon was adhered around both layers before affixing the scallop medallion in place with more dimensionals.

Other notes: A stamp from the Sprinkles set (I really like this set) was stamped repeatedly on the Bashful Blue background layer with Bashful Blue Classic ink. I used SU!'s white gel pen to accent the little circles. All layers were sponged with either Bashful Blue or Certainly Celery.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Sweet Celebrations, Sprinkles. Paper: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Certainly Celery Designer. Ink: Black StazOn, Bashful Blue Classic, Certainly Celery Classic. Other: White Gel Pen, black brads, Amanda Blu polka dot brad, Wide Brocade Blue grosgrain ribbon, black dotted organdy (May Arts), green ric rac (American Crafts), paper piercer, mat pack, scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch, small corner rounder, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge.

14 comments:

  1. What gorgeous colors... and I'm always a fan of using black to mat - it really makes things pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors.this is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...another awesome card. I love it!!!

    Pam~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, I love all the details in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the details! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this card. Unfortunately sometimes the good things take a few mistakes to come out. Good job sticking with it. I love the brackets. I have been wanting a bracket stamp. I never thought about this set, hmmmm.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card. I love the soft colors you chose along with the black. All your little details are great!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever I need a color combo I'm going to start referring to your blog because you pick out the greatest combos!! This is a great card.

    I also got a laugh when you said "coolio" because one of my friends and I used to say "coolio" in place of "cool" all the time!! Brought back great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this! The colors are great and love all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just absolutely GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura (scrapnextras)March 4, 2008 at 11:42 AM

    Stunning! Just love your colour choices and the cool brad! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this card, love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that brad. the sponging is great too. also the white gel pen is a perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it all. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)