Sunday, March 9, 2008

WSC38: Berry Sweet

Have you checked out SU!'s new Occasion Mini? If not I have a couple more product Sneak Peeks for you. Of course, if you have checked out the catty you can still stick around and take a look-see at the card I made using Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #38 (this layout is such a keeper!).

For this card I used the new Tart & Tangy stamp set for the focal image and A Perfect Day rub-ons for the sentiment. I love the stamps in the fruit set, but I'm having Stampers Block when it comes to using them. Needless to say this is not the first card I have made with this set, but it is the first one I'm willing to admit to. :)

To the details: I think the majority of this card is self-explanatory except maybe the strawberries. Each berry was stamped twice, once in Ruby Red and then again in Garden Green. Each stem was trimmed from the Garden Green and then each berry and part of the stem (just enough so the green piece could be glued on) was trimmed from the Ruby Red stamped images. Then stems were adhered onto the berries (you knew that was coming though, didn't ya?).

Normally I would just color directly on the stamps with two different marker colors but I was having difficulty achieving crispness of the seeds using that method so I bailed on it and did it this way (more work but better results). To finish off the fruit, two of the berries were mushed into a VersaMark pad and heat embossed with Heat 'n Stick powder before coating with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I was in the mood for a bit of bling. :)

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Tart & Tangy. Paper: River Rock, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Ginger Blossom Designer, Whisper White. Ink: Ruby Red Classic, Garden Green Classic, Old Olive Classic, VersaMark. Other: A Perfect Day rub-ons, Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, mat pack, paper pierce, distressing tool, small corner rounder, Old Olive Poly-twill ribbon, Red gingham ribbon, Heat 'n Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, heat tool, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge.

5 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love your work! I have bookmarked your blog. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the bling berries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I love all the work that went into your strawberries. I love the entire card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, I really like the stuff you make. This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura (scrapenxtras)March 9, 2008 at 10:32 PM

    Gorgeous! Love the "sugared" berries! Wonderful colours and fabulous job with Beate's sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)