Friday, April 18, 2008

Because I like Blue

I wanted to post this card last night but Blogger was not cooperating with me... so here it is today instead! :)

I went all out with this baby. There's paper piercing and sponging (my favorites), ribbon (can't resist), background stamping (two different images), Crystal Effects (gotta love the shine!) and even Hodgepodge Hardware which I hoard (hidden in the back of a drawer even). I don't often gush over my own cards but this one really speaks to me... I just {heart} it so very much. What do you think?

Notes: main color combination is Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky and Naturals Ivory. The hearts were stamped in Black StazOn on Naturals Ivory cardstock and watercolored with Classic ink and an Aqua Painter. They were then coated with Crystal Effects and set aside to dry. The Blue Bayou mat was stamped with Pretty Petals background in the same color and the Soft Sky mat was wheeled with the So Swirly jumbo wheel. All layers except the Chocolate Chip were sponged on their edges with Blue Bayou Classic ink. I finished off with a bit of hardware, ribbon and paper piercing.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Just Celebrate, Pretty Petals Background, So Swirly jumbo wheel. Paper: Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Naturals Ivory. Ink: Black StazOn, Chocolate Chip Classic, Blue Bayou Classic, Soft Sky Classic. Other: Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, Very Vanilla Taffeta ribbon, Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon, Crystal Effects, mat pack, paper piercer, sponge, dimensionals, 1/4" circle punch, large oval punch.

20 comments:

  1. Danielle - if you're gonna gush, this is certainly one that's worthy! [not that your other creations aren't beautiful too] really LOVE this card - the colors, the ribbons AND the shine :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *LOVE* it!! I've been trying so hard not to buy this set until I see if it's going to be in the big catalog, and you're NOT helping!! Maybe I should just break down and order it with my SAB "credit" and call it good. This is definitely one of my favorites. Amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Your card is absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it...you should gush!!!! each creation is your "baby" be proud of them! you do wonderful things with ink and paper! i have been trying to decide what to do for hubby's bday card...this layout and color combo screamed to me...this is it! i may just have to case you on this one! thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can pat yourself on the back...this card is beautiful! I think you should enter it somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Danielle! This card is absolutely beautiful! I love all of the detail you added to it! Simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty, Danielle! I think it's the blues combined with the brown. You can't go wrong with that color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful!! I love the shiny hearts and hodgepodge hardware! Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS - I saw your Whispering Bird on the SU! website today! I sure love that one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cads! I just order crystal effects and I was wondering how you put it on the hearts? Do you just squeeze some on and it evens itself out? Do you use a paint brush or something?

    erin ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic!!!! I love the hardware! And all those little details are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don`t blame you for gushing. That is one beautiful card. All the parts go together and create a fantastic creation. Love it, love it.
    Retired Heahter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I {heart} it too! That Crystal Effects on the hearts really pops! I like the hearts with the non-traditional blue color scheme, fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. just saying i love it does not say enough. it is amazing! love every detail. the piercing, the layers, the backgrounds, and esp the crystal effects. love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Danielle! Love all the details! Congrats on your card on the showcase. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. G O R G E O U S
    card. I love it!
    becky
    SCS belledancr

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! :) You have a great blog--love your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love every single detail of this card! Fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great card! Love it when you use blue. And those shiny hearts are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, this card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)