Tuesday, April 22, 2008

BIC10: I may not be able to paint

But I can create a pretty watercolor scene using stamps and Watercolor Wonder Crayons. This bright and cherry card is for Beate's Be Inspired Challenge #10.






The inspiration piece is a Lanie Loreth print from which I picked the colors Summer Sun, Always Artichoke and Brocade Blue. The print has very soft blurred lines that I wanted to duplicate. I think I succeeded for the most part. :)

Don't forget to check out the other great samples by the rest of the Inspiration Team: Jennifer, Susan, Silke, Dawn and Charmaine.



Notes: For the main image I misted the flower stamp from Infinite Goodness with water and then colored directly on it with Watercolor Wonder Crayons. Once finished coloring the stamp I misted again with water and stamped on watercolor paper. There was still quite a bit of color on the stamp so I misted again and stamped a second time and again a third time. I repeated this process with the leaf stamp. I then watercolored the sky Brocade Blue and the ground Always Artichoke with an Aqua Painter and crayons. Finally I added just a touch more color to the flowers and leaves with the Aqua Painter.

The sentiment was stamped in Black StazOn directly on the paper once it dried and a touch of Diamond Stickles was added to the flower centers for a bit of bling. The image was then layered on Always Artichoke and American Crafts ribbon was knotted around both layers. For the background a piece of So Saffron designer paper was adhered to Summer Sun cardstock and sewed in place with a sewing machine and white thread. Told you in my last post to expect both sewing and watercoloring. :) A few brads were added and the card assembled.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Infinite Goodness hostess set. Paper: Always Artichoke, Summer Sun, watercolor, So Saffron Prints designer. Ink: black StazOn. Other: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Aqua Painter, Lt. Yellow organdy ribbon (American Crafts), vintage brads, dimensionals, Diamond Stickles, white thread, sewing machine.

11 comments:

  1. Love this! It's just beautiful! TFS and have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, Danielle! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks fantastic, Danielle!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful... publication worthy for sure!! You're a brilliant "arteest"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I'm not having much luck coloring ON my stamp and then misting. Then I don't seem to have much color left to stamp again. MaybeI should try misting my stamp first!
    Amanda
    stitchnaway@carolina.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. just beautiful. this is why I love stamping, we can be artists without actually drawing or painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't think I've ever tried that technique. But the results are wonderful! Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card - Danielle!!! I love the watercolor look with the crayons - you've done a wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this so much, I made my own version of it. You can see it on SCS (knewberg).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)