Tuesday, April 8, 2008

BIC8 and a Sneek Peak

Well I didn't have a chance to make a sample for Beate's Be Inspired Challenge until now. I was sleeping the day away while recuperating from last night's stomach bug. Happily I am feeling much better. I might even make something to eat soon... maybe. :)

Also, since I was given the go ahead by Christie (from Paper Pretties) I thought I would use one of the new stamp sets that will be released this Friday at the Paper Pretties Pajama party. Oh, you want to know the name of this super sweet set? It is Simply Special and I'm thinking this will be the perfect set to make a couple of Mother's Day cards with. :) This is just one of the three sets that are being released... I'm loving all of them!

Quick notes: from the inspiration piece I picked the following color combo: Pumpkin Pie, Marigold Morning (retired), Lavender Lace and Elegant Eggplant.

The main image was stamped in Black StazOn and colored with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an AquaPainter. You can't tell in this picture but a thin coating of Crystal Effects was applied to the flower. For the yellow layer I embossed with the Floral Fantasy embossing folder and my CuttleBug machine. I sponged the edges of this layer with Pumpkin Pie Classic ink. Both the main image and this layer were matted on Elegant Eggplant cardstock. A bit of May Arts ribbon was knotted around the background layer before adhering to the Pumpkin Pie card base along with the main image. The sentiment was stamped on Lavender Lace, paper pierced, sponged with the same card and adhered in place with dimensionals.

All images copyright Paper Pretties. Stamps: Simply Special. Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Marigold Morning (retired), Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, watercolor. Ink: Black StazOn, Pumpkin Pie Classic, Lavender Lace Classic. Other: watercolor wonder crayons, AquaPainter, Crystal Effects, ribbon (May Arts), mat pack, paper piercer, CuttleBug, Floral Fantasy Embossing folder, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge.

5 comments:

  1. This card is wonderful....I love this image. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so prettie Danielle! I always love to see what different things people do with the new images!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider yourself tagged!

    Carol M
    http://createmakehavefun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your image is colored perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Those colors are so rich and eye-appealing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)