Tuesday, April 15, 2008

BIC9: A bit on the red side

Hmmm... I had a little technical difficulty while creating my card for the latest Be Inspired Challenge from Beate and it turned out much redder than I originally intended. But hey, it happens, so I went with the flow and added even more red in the form of ribbon and bright berries. :)

Notes: Ranger Alcohol ink was applied to a piece of glossy cardstock and blended (Polished Stone technique). The leaf stamp from Infinite Goodness was stamped multiple times in Vintage Photo Distress ink on the background and then heat set.

If I were to do this again I'd just use Chocolate Chip or Close to Cocoa classic ink which dry quickly on Glossy cardstock. Berry image was stamped in Timber Brown StazOn on Whisper White cardstock and colored with markers with a bit of Crystal Effects added to the berries. Sentiment was stamped in same ink on Mellow Moss and then punched out with the large oval punch (a little paper piercing was then added). Main image, sentiment, background and cardbase were sponged with more Vintage photo. Some brads, ribbon and Chocolate Chip mats were added and the card assembled.

If you have a moment check out the creations by the rest of the Be Inspired Team. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right. I can't wait to see the wonderful creations that you create with this inspiration piece!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Infinite Goodness hostess, Fundamental Phrases. Paper: Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Glossy. Ink: Vintage Photo Distress (Ranger), Pesto, Caramel, Cranberry and Copper Alcohol Inks (Ranger), Timber Brown StazOn, Mellow Moss, Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke, Real Red and Ruby Red markers. Other: Crystal Effects, striped ribbon (American Crafts), vintage brads, mat pack, paper piercer, sponge, Stampin' dimensionals, large oval punch, alcohol ink blender solution.

12 comments:

  1. Danielle, I LOVE it. Your background came out gorgeous! I love the berries. Wonderful card.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo, I love that card, the berries looks so real, great!!! It happens a lot to me, that cards take their own energie and go in another direction, good to read that it not only happens to me....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle - I think it's gorgeous!!! In fact I love the red - it makes the card stand out -well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card! I also think the red makes it look good! Beautiful job Danielle! :D (P.S. I received my blog candy yesterday!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! The background is stunning, I like your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle, this looks wonderful! The background is fantastic!! Glad you added that red...it just pops! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Absolutely gorgeous card...love the rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza!! That background is fabulous. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red tones... all your cards are so clean and crisp.. and show so much!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, this is just gorgeous!! Your berries are just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)