Sunday, April 27, 2008

A happy day!

Whew! I finally finished my SU! display samples. Oh happy day! They have been photographed and are packaged and ready to be mailed on Monday. Although I may have been a bit excessive with the packaging but you never know when the mailman is going to trip and drop your package in a big puddle of muddy water.

Now that my big SU! project is over I can return to my normal stamping schedule and actually share my projects with you on my blog. That has been the most difficult part of this project, not sharing what I have made! Well, that and actually letting go of some of the samples... he he he. :)

To celebrate I decided to play with some virgin rubbah... yup, I've had this Older and Wiser set for a while and have been neglecting it. So here it is... one happy turtle.

Quick notes: Main image was stamped in Black StazOn and watercolored with markers and an Aqua Painter (no Copics yet, although they have been shipped and are on their way!). The Marigold Morning background was wheeled with Classic Stars in VersaMark ink. It was then embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder and set with a heat tool. A piece of scalloped Always Artichoke paper and Wild Wasibi ribbon were adhered to the starry paper and then zigzag stitching was added to the edge with a sewing machine. Yeah, still working on my zigzag stitching... I'll get the hang of turning corners one of these days :). A sentiment and the main image were adhered with dimensionals and the whole piece was mounted on an Always Artichoke card base.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Older and Wiser, Classic Stars Jumbo wheel. Paper: Always Artichoke, Marigold Morning ('06 -'07 In Color), Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Naturals White. Ink: Black StazOn, VersaMark, Creamy Caramel marker, Certainly Celery marker, Always Artichoke marker, Apricot Appeal marker, Pumpkin Pie, marker. Other: Aqua Painter, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Wild Wasabi striped ribbon, white thread, sewing machine, heat tool, dimensionals, small circle punch.

3 comments:

  1. Fun card - love the stars with the turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how adorable! The colors are fantastic and that turtle is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Colors are great and so is the turtle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)