Friday, April 4, 2008

I Can Fly... if I Just Flap My Arms Hard Enough

What?! You don't believe me? Well you may be right. However I can make one of those neat flap cards that have been popping up all over SplitCoastStampers. Check out here to see the nifty tutorial by Rose Ann Reynolds.

Pause... off to investigate weird thumping noise...

I'm back... it was one of those cat noises. You know; the ones where you are pretty sure the cat was getting into trouble but you can't quite put your finger on what they did. But sooner or later you will find out and it won't be good.

To the regularly scheduled blogging: main color combination is Bashful Blue, River Rock and Old Olive. The image and sentiment are from the Just Celebrate set and the flap was stamped with the Pretty Petals background in Bashful Blue Classic ink. Various paper piercing and sponging was added for texture.

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Just Celebrate (Occasions Mini Catalog), Pretty Petals background. Paper: Bashful Blue, Old Olive, River Rock, Whisper White, Ginger Blossom Designer. Ink: Black StazOn, Bashful Blue Classic, Bashful Blue marker, Old Olive marker, white gel pen. Other: Bashful Blue striped grosgrain ribbon, word window punch, 1" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, Coluzzle cutting system and circle template, mat pack, paper piercer, Stampin' dimensionals, sponge, Velcro dot.

P.S. Don't forget the blog candy in the next post... I buried it a bit with this post. :)

15 comments:

  1. This is very pretty, I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card! The color combo definitely works! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't made one of these fabulous cards! I LOVE yours, Danielle! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so pretty and the color of course are perfect. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Danielle! Love your flap card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely awonderful flap card. Hugs marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a pretty card... the colors are very nice.

    Swedie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card, you always do such great work, but I totally know what your saying about the cat noise!!!!! I have heard it more than once in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Flap card! You cracked me up with the cat noises..

    ReplyDelete
  10. You crack me up....with the thumping cat noise! I have two kitties, and I can relate to noises that require investigation! ;)

    I love this card and your color choices! Your blog is very inspiring to me--thanks!

    Michelle Martin

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)