Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm Back!

I've been out of town the last couple of weekends for family reasons and am sooooo behind (including all of the wonderful tagging that has been going on). However I did have a few minutes to make a bright and cheery card using the SCS Sketch Challenge #171. The sketch was giving me a bit of a fit so I modified it and added the Creamy Caramel layer. :)

Quick notes: Main color combo is Pumpkin Pie, Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun and Very Vanilla. Main image was stamped in Black StazOn on Very Vanilla, colored with markers and cut out with the Coluzzle cutting system and oval template. A slightly larger oval was cut from Summer Sun and used for the next layer with paper piercing added around the edge. A piece of Creamy Caramel cardstock was stamped with the Sprinkles set in the same color. The main image was added to this layer and flowers added with crystal brads before adhering the whole she-bang to a Pumpkin Pie card base. Final step was to add a sentiment from the Sweet Serendipity set.

Night night everyone - I need to run and do another load of laundry!

All images copyright Stampin' Up!. Stamps: Time for You, Sweet Serendipity, Sprinkles. Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun, Very Vanilla. Ink: Creamy Caramel Classic, Black StazOn, Creamy Caramel marker, Summer Sun marker, Barely Banana marker, Pumpkin Pie marker, Only Orange marker. Other: Felt Fusion flowers, Crystal Clear brads, mat pack, paper piercer, Coluzzle Cutting system and oval template, Stampin' dimensionals.

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Danielle! I don't often use Summer Sun because I can't...lol...but I love how you made it work in this card...it's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card!! So summer looking and can't wait for the weather to warm up. (You’re giving us hope.) Thanks for sharing your great talent! Michelle :)

    PS: I tired the tips you e-mailed me on taking photos of my cards and it worked!! Yeah!! Thanks much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute as EVER!!! But what else could I expect from Fat Cat Stamper! :) I did this challenge too. I thought it was a super cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Danielle! Great tweaking of the layout - it looks fabulous with that extra layer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you managed to make the tilted oval look straight, it works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful!!! I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your sweet comments! I love hearing from you. :)